No announcement yet.

New k1tchens

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My builder has been absolutely brilliant. He went above and beyond his remit. On Christmas Eve he picked up my table and ensured that I had a fully plumbed in kitchen sink. He's not a plumber and mine let me down. I should have a washing machine and dishwasher plumbed in, but at least I'm not washing up in the bath! He worked until 3.30pm which he didn't need to do just to make sure I had a sink and hot water.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

That's great Janie, did everyone sit round the table?
      Nannys make memories

Comment

Ah. There were supposed to be 10 of us but only 3 turned up, so including me that was 4 at the table and one of them ate his main meal and went back to the pub! Oh well the rest f us enjoyed it.
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

I could have posted in the chat section but I think it belongs here. After the pressure of getting me a working kitchen by Christmas we have had a very welcome lull. Now it is just getting the rest of the kitchen finished and the rest of the house plumbed and rewired. I think it will be a lot slower now as there is no urgency.

The last 3 days have been so restful, I've had no visitors, no builders, no plumbers, just me and my dogs. I haven't left the house. I haven't wanted to. I've spent a lot of it in the kitchen dealing with left overs and it has been an absolute pleasure. I've also got my bedroom back so I'm not sleeping on a 2 seater sofa. I'm beginning to think that it was actually more comfortable!

I'm now looking at the garden and changing my mind about what goes where.
          Oxfordshire

Comment

Glad to hear it's falling into place Janie.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Thanks BM. I hope this doesn't appear twice as my laptop hung!
              Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                Thanks BM. I hope this doesn't appear twice as my laptop hung!
                It's ok, I've got 2 ears............
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X