No announcement yet.

Fishing Secrets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a full slice of bread with the crust removed and rolled around the hook link with the hook left showing at the end .
    It was the rig fished a few years ago at fish o mania by the only lady angler fishing on floating pole .
    she nearly won using this method which none of the blokes thought of hence Barry hearn nearly had heart attack and was quickly banned for the next year .
    good old Cudworth.
    When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Hayfield was the first venue I saw it used, they were using full slices but I felt half slice was easier to handle.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I can see where that might be a good bait. Highfields park in Nottingham used to have a good population of big carp (maybe still does) it was not a fishery more a boating lake in front of the Uni. As kids we used to take stale bread down to feed the fish I can still recall this huge 'gob' coming up from the depths and swallow large lumps of bread whole.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Now this is my type of fishing.....................

Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-07-2015, 08:36 AM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

https://youtu.be/P0uM9LSX-So

Preferences to fish like this
            When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

This bird has got the hang of it:

My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I had the pleasure of fishing Hisehope Reservoir yesterday that has NEVER been fished in over 100 years! I was the only person fishing this large reservoir that day.
                The reservoir was always deemed too acidic for fish to live. It was stocked with brown trout in 2012, then again last year after it was ascertained the earlier fish had survived.
                This is not some puddle sized pond but a large reservoir in the midst of beautiful scenery, one of three that the angling society I belong to rent out from Northumbrian Water.

To crown it all, I caught a fighting brown trout of about 1 3/4 lb on a tiny black spider fly which fought like a trojan!
                It had the lovely orange peaty colour of the acidic water it lived in and is one of the best fish i have caught on any of the three waters.
                Fish was suitably returned unharmed, to grow on to an even bigger size!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

To crown it all, I caught a fighting brown trout of about 1 3/4 lb on a tiny black spider fly which fought like a trojan!

Fish was suitably returned unharmed, to grow on to an even bigger size!
                  Snadger, did you let the black spider fly go also?

congratulations, thats a good sized fish, and the browny always gives a good fight, and nice to see you let it go.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

That is one clever bird Martin, maybe I should try it..................

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                      Snadger, did you let the black spider fly go also?

congratulations, thats a good sized fish, and the browny always gives a good fight, and nice to see you let it go.
                      Yep, at the end of fishing I carefully took it off the trace line and put it in a nice little snug polystyrene lined flybox where it can dry out and frolic with its playmates the Zulu and Muddler Minnow!
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

As Rex Hunt used to say "Welcome to my office"

Yibbida yibbida folks,I kept this one for my supper.
                        Attached Files

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I fished maybe 10/12 times with my brother in law, done a bit of coarse and river fishing but never had anything special. I think 12lb pike and 10lb carp are my best, my brother in law on the other hand has had 45lb+ carp, 95lb+ catfish and 20lb+ pike. He has been fishing since he was knee high and loves it, he goes weekly no matter what the weather but its a basic type fishing no fancy gadgets. He uses spinners for pike and the bread on top method mentioned previously in the thread for carp, the excitement of fishing this way is amazing, to be honest writing it has made me want to go again now I am thinking about it.

Trying to think of the things he has told me while I have been with him but in all honesty he is just a good angler. He has been asked to leave lakes because he was on a day ticket catching more than the members and they moaned!! He is only young still (25) but has as much real experience as most anglers with catches to prove it. I will ask him his secrets and be sure to let you know.
                          Last edited by pandasyard; 26-07-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                            As Rex Hunt used to say "Welcome to my office"[ATTACH=CONFIG]57920[/ATTACH]

Yibbida yibbida folks,I kept this one for my supper.[ATTACH=CONFIG]57921[/ATTACH]
                            Hope you gave it a goodbye kiss first..............

Last edited by Bigmallly; 26-07-2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              Hope you gave it a goodbye kiss first..............

The auld Bearded Burbler , fish kissing!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

You wouldn't want to eat this beautiful fish.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X