No announcement yet.

Fishing Secrets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went fishing on a beach called Danes Dyke by Bridlington years ago with a line thingy. You know its like a letter H but with line wrapped around it. Used mussels tied on to the hooks. Caught an Eel on it and it was massive. Dad wasn't impressed when he had to deal with it Sorry was just thinking of your rant Bigmallly.
    sigpic

Comment

scarlet - THat is a red gurnard. THey are often caught whilst fishing for mackerel. I have caught several.

Comment

I ate chilli grower - it tasted good

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Did you eat chilli growers comp. as well?

Sorry, I will get me coat I am ruining BMs thread

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Poor chilli grower....

Comment

thats funny!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've just asked my OH has he got any fishing tips he could tell you and the response I got was....yeah don't put your umbrella up in lightening. Ha
                Carrie

Comment

According to my (American) cousin who fished a lot in his younger days, nothing beats tinned sweetcorn.
                  Last edited by mothhawk; 08-07-2015, 03:31 PM.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

I only fish for fish I can eat. I practice catch and release though with barbless hooks and only ever take 'stockie' brown trout which can be identified by a pan jetted mark on the underbelly in the waters I fish. We are only allowed to fish fly or worm on the three club waters I have membership on. 98% of the time I fish traditional flies on a double taper floating line, three at a time.
                    Any small/tiny black fly with a slow retrieve does the business most of the time
                    One tip i learned for worm fishing with a barbless hook is to use a small piece of an elastic band (what the Postie wraps his letters in) to secure the worm onto the hook.

I love to eat mackerel as well and usually have a couple of sessions a year on a local pier.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The only way to fish...

Life should be more like Bonsai...

Comment

Caught this tiddler on sweetcorn
                        When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

#25 I suppose you need a larger 4oz stick in open waters LOL
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
                            Caught this tiddler on sweetcorn
                            Blimey - you're kidding me? How do you even pick that fella up??

Comment

Lovely Carp Jonny, which water was that caught from. I used to go to Poole Bridge Farm quite a lot when I lived in Leeds.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

It was caught from orchid lake in la gravelle in france I grew up on pool Bridge aswell
                                When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X