No announcement yet.

Fishing Secrets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one..............Thought it was a bit of a monster for the UK.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
      Blimey - you're kidding me? How do you even pick that fella up??

Beleve it or not it's called hazels fish.
      When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

I never had any secrets in terms of bait. Pretty much maggots, castors and worms only. Though I was very superstitious. I wore the same jumper when going fishing for about 10 years. Had holes in the sleeves and if I hadn't stopped fishing when little one was born it would be more than 10 years. I still own it ready for when I go again...

Comment

Just a strange thought related to gardening. Could old seeds be soaked & flavoured to be used as a groundbait additive as per hemp.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

I'd give it a go if I had that much seed.

Comment

Cheers Coopers, at the moment I'm soaking Mung Beans, Sesame Seeds, Mustard Seeds, Corriander Seeds...........I have about 2kg in total so have broke it into smaller batches for freezing....that should make a nice bed for them.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
                Beleve it or not it's called hazels fish.
                Now you really are yanking my chain!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  Cheers Coopers, at the moment I'm soaking Mung Beans, Sesame Seeds, Mustard Seeds, Corriander Seeds...........I have about 2kg in total so have broke it into smaller batches for freezing....that should make a nice bed for them.
                  Be careful when preparing particles if they are not prepared properly can be dangerous for fish.
                  When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                    Now you really are yanking my chain!
                    Nope it's true it's the owner of the lakes wife.

Comment

What he married a fish?

Comment

Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
                        Be careful when preparing particles if they are not prepared properly can be dangerous for fish.
                        They'll be soaking until soft & fully swollen but cheers Jonny.
                        Last edited by Bigmallly; 09-07-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Caught five wild brown trout in 3 hours morning fishing today. All returned safely as they were not big enough to pan fry!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Dont take this the wrong way but damn i hate that "pan fry" tag, what else you gonna fry them in ?
                            same as "sea bass" fgs, they are bass, the only bass we have, just call them bloody bass.

Anyway, mini rant over

Ive done both coarse and river fishing over the years and they both have their place but living in swansea id be a fool do do anything else other than sea fish, mainly for BASS , and atm plenty of mackeral fishing, you can do it with a fly if you have a decent pier local to you and believe me, you hook a mackie on a fly and youll never fish for trout again lol, mini tarpon they are and by heck, gut them as you catch them, cool bag and on the bbq within the hour, heaven on earth .
                            Last edited by jackarmy; 09-07-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                              Dont take this the wrong way but damn i hate that "pan fry" tag, what else you gonna fry them in ?
                              The alternate to pan frying is deep fat frying, most people associate fried fish with chips hence the need for a descriptive term for the cooking method
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                                if you have a decent pier local to you .
                                Then find a good ole hoop net and get some shrimp as well, oh and for good measure take any lilluns in your family and they can go crabbing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X