No announcement yet.

Fishing Secrets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I've not been around for a while, I'm a bit of a fits & starts person when it comes to hobbies. Recently my start has been experimenting with home made baits:

https://www.facebook.com/mal.reid.77...1391323&type=3
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Im useless at fishing, only ever caught an eel.

Lovely to see you BM
      Northern England.

Comment

• I'm not very good myself.................
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Hahaha better than an eel
          Last edited by Containergardener; 02-08-2017, 08:43 PM.
          Northern England.

Comment

• I caught a 2ft red bandfish in Scotland and a seagull got it down in one go. Good to see you back BM
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Sorry I've not been around for a while, I'm a bit of a fits & starts person when it comes to hobbies. Recently my start has been experimenting with home made baits:

Im not on facebook what bait you making yourself
              When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                I caught a 2ft red bandfish in Scotland and a seagull got it down in one go. Good to see you back BM
                Cheers Mr B. I must confess I had to goggle that one...............

Comment

• Originally posted by jonny the plant pot View Post
                  Im not on facebook what bait you making yourself
                  Hi Jonny, I've been experimenting with Boilies...........Most successful flavours so far have been Fishmeal, Belachan & Choc/Mint..........evenings have taken over catching them on Belachn glugged cigar rigs (Bread) off the top.
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 03-08-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                    I caught a 2ft red bandfish in Scotland and a seagull got it down in one go. Good to see you back BM
                    Other half caught one of those while we were in a fishing competition! It won him a nice little boat rod for most unusual catch. No one on the boat had seen one before we had to google it to

Nice to see you for a couple of minutes between casts BM.
                    So has the big fella caught the big fella yet ?
                    Tight lines.

( I have no idea what you're on about with your bait making by the way! This fresh water fishing is very alien )
                    Last edited by Small pumpkin; 03-08-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Not yet SP but it's not for the lack of trying...............................it's dog biscuits next.

Comment

• .............and before you ask...........no I am not going after Dogfish................

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          Hi Jonny, I've been experimenting with Boilies...........Most successful flavours so far have been Fishmeal, Belachan & Choc/Mint..........evenings have taken over catching them on Belachn glugged cigar rigs (Bread) off the top.
                          Blue cheese powder and garlic is a good one or cream cajour and caremel should get you a fish or few
                          When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

• I used to use Rod Hutchinsons baits back in the early days before you could buy boilies, I had a lot of success with Strawberry flavours.

Comment

• Just thought I'd post a reason for this years absence from the vine:

Comment

• Umm, I clicked, I went, I came back... The FB message is "Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment". Either that or your pond has been taking up lots of your time!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X