No announcement yet.

'The Big Allotment Challenge'

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the problem I have is they don't tell you how the winning team did it, what technique turned out best, what varieties, feed etc. Given that the plots were identical its quite a good control set-up.

or is this in the book to accompany the series?

Comment

• Originally posted by ugley_matt View Post
      the problem I have is they don't tell you how the winning team did it, what technique turned out best, what varieties, feed etc. Given that the plots were identical its quite a good control set-up.

or is this in the book to accompany the series?
      There is a book out.

Well the carrots which one were the shortest ones.
      There were more carrot growing related hints this week.

I have no idea how the experts get runner beans really straight though!

Comment

• Watched it this morning BBC2, SO like forgive me but, isn't the true challenge of an allotment, to grow food to survive over a year on? And if so the forked carrots would have gone way further and would be winners to me, the idea great the outcome, erm well yea ok.
        Before you spray a single thing,
        sit down and read the silent spring.

Comment

• New series for 2015

Given how enthusiastic we were about the first series, I'm sure you'll be very excited to know that a new series starts in January. I can hardly wait

"The Big Allotment Challenge is back, and this time nine gardeners go head to head in the competition hosted by Fern Britton. Over six episodes, the allotmenteers are put to the test in a series of challenges in the same three categories as last year: Grow, Make, Eat, judged by Jim Buttress, Jonathan Moseley and Thane Prince respectively. First episode goes out on Friday 2nd January 2015 at 9.00pm BBC2. - much earlier this year."

Comment

• I quite liked the programme in a way. Would of been better if they had shown more of the growing methods people were using and the challenges were slightly more interesting. Think the two bearded blokes and the two guys who won it in the end were the most interesting of the group.
            Buy I think they misled people in thinking they only had to do a couple of hours a week on a plot to get it looking like what they all had theirs.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
              Think the two bearded blokes and the two guys who won it in the end were the most interesting of the group.
              Oi you NVG, there is only one bearded bloke, the true original bloke with a beard & you have met him there will always be imitations, but am I worried ? I think not
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• One Bearded bloke is enough ................

Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry BB didn't mean to offend you. Of course you know there is another bearded bloke called Santa.
                  But I'm glad I met you.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I really enjoyed it, even when shouting at the florist bloke (who drove me nuts).
                    I find though that each consecutive series of a 'reality' show increasingly attracts contestants driven more by celebrity than by the original subject.

I will watch the new series and hope we get one more season of proper gardeners before the prima donnas take over.
                    http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Thanks for letting us know.....perhaps they will have picked up on comments made and changed it slightly this time?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Think I'll be giving it a miss after the mess last time

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• I'm prepared to give it another go but I gave up last year. I watched the first episode, about half of the second, the 'gardening' for the third and stopped. Have to see if there is some gardening in it, or will have to keep busy til Beechgrove returns.
                          Last edited by WendyC; 11-12-2014, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• I'll try the first episode, but if it's about prettifying show veg again then I am not interested.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• I'll give it a go, it'll be on iPlayer in a second window so I won't feel like I've wasted my time too much.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I'm going to watch it - and not expect it be anything like real allotments, cos it wasn't.

I did enjoy the flower arranging bit of it, more than I thought. I reckon it'd be fun to have a go at making some arrangements.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X