No announcement yet.

'The Big Allotment Challenge'

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No TV so need to wait for it to be uploaded to the iPlayer, next week sometime I expect -rolleyes-
    Doesn't sound like I'm missing much though? =/

Comment

It's not actually showing us anything which is a shame. I don't think it's actually aimed at gardeners.

Comment

I'm finding it disjointed, can't see what each plot holder has done on their plot or to be able to follow through the seasons.

Comment

We've had spring and summer twice already and they didn't bother to tell us when it started or what month they are at on the way through.

Bit of a waste of time really.

At least GBBO taught us something.

Comment

I quite enjoyed the jam and curd section, some nice, different flavour combinations that I might try
            Nannys make memories

Comment

The rhubarb and custard curd did sound nice.

Comment

So basically the rest of the series will basically be a pick and show

Comment

They might as well be going and buying all this stuff from tescos

Comment

*other over-priced unethical retailers are available

Comment

Oh, what a shame! I had hoped to see them getting their plots, sowing, maintaining and then preparing and eating vegetables and fruits over the whole series.

Comment

Actually it was better than I expected Bit like The Apprentice on the Allotment - even some of the music sounded the same
                        Gardening wise - I learnt very little but I did learn how to make a hand-tied bouquet Every little helps

Comment

Yes but ... look for the positives. It was a great advertisement for growing your own - and it captured the camaraderie of gardeners. It brought people of all different ages and backgrounds together and that can only be a good thing.
                          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Just watched it. Not really impressed.

My husband thinks we could have done better than them all. I had to give him a quick reality check. He is crippled with arthritis and 99% of his digging is in his dreams. (He is in his 80's). He can't (won't!) cook and we are both useless at flower arranging.

Mind you, when he is watching sport he usually thinks he can play football better than Messi and snooker better than O'Sullivan so nothing new really.

Comment

I didn't think it was too bad - not brilliant but not too bad. I must have a go at Rhubarb and custard curd and it was interesting to find out about blueberries and coriander!
                              Last edited by scarey55; 15-04-2014, 08:19 PM.
                              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

we have to remember that the programme is aimed at the general public .
                                Anything that encourages people to take an interest in growing fruit n veg .
                                Should be welcomed

whether or not you like the programme

How many people would watch an in depth technical know how programme about gardening
                                Except for people with a genuine interest

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X