X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds great please Hazel!

cake????...

I'm rushing round with sheets and towels...and in between washer loads planting out bedding plants!...yup...in this weather
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh! Nice one, Nicos - don't mind if I do.

Garage has just phoned - car growling like an old bear & lack of mpg = bad mistiming problem. New coil and (possibly) new sparkplugs will sort it out. Tot cost inc. diagnostics, parts, labour and VAT = £146.

Bit painful in the wallet department, but not as bad as it might have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
        That sounds like an Oscar's acceptance speech!

(
        Oh yes I forgot to than my Mom and Dad. the window cleaner, The Crankies and my dogs Danny and Rosie. Not to mention......................
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps an' Nutters! Warm here again today, and we had extra work on, so I'm pooped again. Strangely feeling very flush just at the moment, which is very rare for me nowadays. Got paid yesterday by a customer who pays about every two months, (my choice) two gardens done today, so more money, then came home and found £40 I forgot I had bunged in my art folder one day. Then had a picture I had drawn for someone, collected and paid for about half an hour ago.

Drinks are on me, it would appear!

Kettle's on...
          Last edited by Glutton4...; 12-06-2014, 06:27 PM.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post

Kettle's on...
            So that's ... hot toddy's all round then
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post

Kettle's on...
              Sod the kettle, G4 - get the glasses out!

Comment

• I'll bring the glasses - G4 gets the wine/G&T/whatever as long as its alcomaholic

Comment

• Well this is nice. US Open Golf on one monitor, World Cup on the other, switch sound between the two; grapevine for the commercial breaks.

I think I'll have a little drink...
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Evening all - just chilling out after a busy day - cleaner came this morning, shortly followed by the rat man. It looks like the rats have taken the bait and have died under the shed - fortunately there is not too much pong and not too many flies. One more visit from him and I should be almost back to normal in my garden

I baked a batch of Hazel's oat cookies - and gave some to my cleaner and some to the couple who looked after Rosie this afternoon while I taught my pupil.

I am happy to report that everyone loved the biscuits. Even more importantly, Rosie's dog sitters have a labradoodle with leukemia who is being treated with chemo at the moment and bless her she doesn't feel like eating much - however she polished off some of the sachets of cat food I took in for her and she also had some of the biscuits Well done Hazel for posting the recipe
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Sod the kettle, G4 - get the glasses out!
                      Large ones at that!
                      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                        I baked a batch of Hazel's oat cookies - and gave some to my cleaner and some to the couple who looked after Rosie this afternoon while I taught my pupil.

I am happy to report that everyone loved the biscuits. Even more importantly, Rosie's dog sitters have a labradoodle with leukemia who is being treated with chemo at the moment and bless her she doesn't feel like eating much - however she polished off some of the sachets of cat food I took in for her and she also had some of the biscuits Well done Hazel for posting the recipe
                        Well, that's brill, Jeanie. Altho' labradoodle on oat bickies? But maybe this is a good reason for scoffing lots as they are clearly medicinal. :nod:

I cooked a batch yesterday evening and will be sliding a number into the overnight bag for my weekend away in Kew with my big sis. Hotels these days are rubbish at (a) teapots, (b) proper milk and (c) biscuits - I draw the line at taking a teapot, but at least we can have proper biccies.

Trying to work out bus/train combos to get me to B'ham for lunchtime for the trip down...

Edit - Oh! I'm going via Milton Keynes to Marylebone and out to Brentford station - who can I wave to on the way? Not Bins on the slo mo train from B'ham, but a square to Jeanie, and maybe to Nanny Sally?
                        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 12-06-2014, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                          Enormous rotary one. I did do two loads last night to be fair. I have a teenage son who gets through a huge number of clothes. Still I think I'd rather it that way, than him not changing.
                          I had an enormous rotary one too, but the arms were fouling on some of the plants and the garden arch. In other words, my rotary airer wasn't rotary Rather than reduce the number of plants and lose the arch, I took an angle grinder to the arms and shortened them by a few holes. I can still get four or five loads of washing out (depending on items washed), but it spins now, so I can stand in one spot to peg it all out

Comment

• Mornin all!
                            Birds are a-singing, cows are a-mooing and the sun is a-shining

What more could you want?
                            Last edited by Nicos; 13-06-2014, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Beautiful here also, so bright n sunny, awake far too early, will probably have to have a 'lie down' , in the shade later!
                              DottyR

Comment

• Sounds a good plan Dotty
                                Last edited by Nicos; 13-06-2014, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X