Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, another nice day here just a pity that the thunderstorms just out when you don't expect them.

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    Finally got through to the vet who tells me that Maisie's thyroid meds need to be adjusted down now but there are ongoing concerns about her liver so next we have a fasting liver test on Monday. My poor girl, still worried, and these tests are so expensive. And the expensive rat man will be round tomorrow sometime to check on his rat bait traps and advise on the next steps.
    Jeanie you and Maisie are having a tough time just now she won't be too pleased going without her meal on Monday.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I had a lovely breakfast of strawberry yoghurt with 4 juicy red strawberries picked just outside my back door. Yummy
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• It's another lovely summer morning here again. I'll be planting out Gazanias in gaps in the garden this morning, followed by weed duty at the allotment. I must take some pics of everything and do a proper blog update in between watching the World Cup opening ceremony and first game tonight

My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning all! Smug points earned already here - I took the car to the garage this morning and ran the 3miles home - it's really hot and sunny out there!

Stuck behind the desk for the day now...
          Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 12-06-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Just to say I received my MOM package this morning, two beautiful books that will keep me happy for many hours and a nice selection of seeds. So a big thank you to GYO for that.

Also thank you to all the members who contributed to my Mom thread despite the disruptions and to all those who privately mailed me with their support and the Moderators who did a wonderful job in supporting me and controlling the chaos.

Thanks Bill
            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              Morning all! Smug points earned already here - I took the car to the garage this morning and ran the 3miles home - it's really hot and sunny out there!

Stuck behind the desk for the day now...
              When I was in business repairing cars people used to run away just after I gave them the bill.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• That's the well documented "Bill effect".
                Here comes Bill, quick, run away before he sees us

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                  Just to say I received my MOM package this morning
                  Gosh that came quickly, when I was MOM this time last year it took about 6 months and only after I had a bit of a whinge. Never did get a voucher for a tip printed in the mag, but as it is T&M I'm not bothered. Enjoy your books.

7 loads of washing on the line and half the house hoovered. Quick cup of tea and the downstairs to do.
                  Last edited by WendyC; 12-06-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                    Just to say I received my MOM package this morning, two beautiful books that will keep me happy for many hours and a nice selection of seeds. So a big thank you to GYO for that.

Also thank you to all the members who contributed to my Mom thread despite the disruptions and to all those who privately mailed me with their support and the Moderators who did a wonderful job in supporting me and controlling the chaos.

Thanks Bill
                    That sounds like an Oscar's acceptance speech!

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                    When I was in business repairing cars people used to run away just after I gave them the bill.
                    Yer, well, the bill factor (haha!) is what has stopped me from taking the car in to the garage for the past month, despite it growling like an old bear. I was prompted to bite the bullet when the mpg on that 230mile drive to Chippenham and back last week was much lower than I would have expected it to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                      7 loads of washing on the line and half the house hoovered. Quick cup of tea and the downstairs to do.
                      Blimey - you're hard working, Wendy!

Edit to add - just wondering how long your washing line is if you can get 7 loads on there...
                      Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 12-06-2014, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                        Gosh that came quickly, when I was MOM this time last year it took about 6 months
                        Yes there were several that waited for prolonged periods last year (myself included),however we (Mod's) are hoping that delays of that magnitude are to be a thing of the past
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Not much done much today apart from a supermarket shop, a bit of housework then I fed my toms.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            Blimey - you're hard working, Wendy!

Edit to add - just wondering how long your washing line is if you can get 7 loads on there...
                            Enormous rotary one. I did do two loads last night to be fair. I have a teenage son who gets through a huge number of clothes. Still I think I'd rather it that way, than him not changing.

Comment

• Have de-weeded the slabs in the courtyard garden, swept up the baby conkers from the big tree which fell onto the big drive and Bren has reminded me to go and feed the tomatoes.

Can you tell that it's a boring work day??

Comment

• And now I have put the washing out, emptied the dishwasher, and have the kettle on.

Cup of tea, anyone?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X