Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Lots more on the tree too - wish I knew what variety it is as they are gorgeous - but completely out of reach
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]40705[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]40706[/ATTACH]
    I've had a splendid day
    Try shaking it..
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Today, I don't know where to start with my Happiness list!
      Sunshine
      Blue sky
      Being outside getting physical in the garden for the first time for weeks
      Most of all, the birds, there are hundreds of them, so noisy and all so busy. I've been watching them in one of the big ash trees, Nuthatches, Goldfinches and others I couldn't identify because of the bright sun. Amazingly, there were butterflies too. Landing on the ashkeys then fluttering off to another spot.
      The finches were pulling the ashkeys from the bunches, eating the seed and dropping the seed case to the ground. I've been standing underenath trying to catch them as they helicopter down - with some success
      Kettles on again, then its back to the ash trees with my sarnies, coffi and binoculars to have a better look.
      Even the squirrel made me smile today
      What a glorious November day
      You know they say you dont miss something until its gone, well I miss birds here in Torquay, I think the gulls scare them off from our area. On the farm the dawn chorus was deafening. its a great sadness for me. The slightly good side is i dont get much damage from birds. I put out food religiously on the bird table but it either rots or the squirrels take it.
      Last edited by Bill HH; 13-11-2013, 09:20 AM.
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• A big V of migrating cranes - amazing to see and hear. Heading south for the winter in a north westerly direction
        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• being told i'm going to be a grandma!

Comment

• Getting out the seed catalogues AGAIN
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Finding several holly trees with berries at work. I can now make my Christmas door wreath

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Finding a way to get Hubby to turn the TV off, when he puts the iPad on in the kitchen! Listening to 'Eggheads' twice, with a two minute delay; I just started yelling out the answers in advance. It was funny to start with (coz I got them all right, obviously ), but then I started yelling them out in advance of him hearing the question. Again, funny to start with, but he got bored with it before I did. Tee-hee-hee!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Being introduced to Joe Swift last night as 'this is the woman I've been telling you about'
                  Last edited by alldigging; 13-11-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Finding out today Mr F will be transferred to the neurosurgical unit anytime now! Which in turns frees up a bed on the stroke ward. At last!

Comment

• Finding my 'lost mobile phone' in my 'old' coat pocket, I hadn't dropped in amongst the raspberry canes after all!
                      DottyR

Comment

• Getting everything done as planned, without chaos or disaster, for tomorrow's fair. And for once, I'm not even organising it - bliss!

Fingers crossed for mammoth sales!
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• The subject of a PM I got
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                            The subject of a PM I got
                            Our Creative Director's mysterious musings....
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

• Cat on lap.
                              And Mr PP who popped out to pick up some broken printers from Tarbes, and came back with cheese, cheap oranges, plus steak and a shoulder of lamb and ordered some skin-on shoulder of pork from the local butchers, and bought two lampshades for the kitchen where we've just had a single bare bulb since building. And the printers, which now work.
                              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Mr PP, sounds a super kind of chap!
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X