Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'What Makes You Happy' Thread (Part 4)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dawn chorus

Being on here early enough to catch the spammers as soon as they post

Comment

• woke to a covering of frost everywhere.........

but on a brighter note, first day on new allotment at 08:00, at last at last, at last.
      Last edited by shepp726; 01-05-2013, 05:58 AM.
      '' We came in different ships, but we're all in the same boat ''

''I'm only responsible for what I say...not what you understand.''

Comment

• Sunshine
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning sunshine on my sweet peas
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Walking down the garden, pulling a stick of rhubarb, cooking it and eating it for breakfast with granola and yoghurt.
            Look out world - I'm coming out to play

Comment

• Spending two hours by myself on the allotment. Perfect peace, because if I hadn't I'd be screaming right now.
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Finishing 2 days at work with a smile on my face, and a long but beautiful drive home
                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• All building 'stuff' removed from my driveway and new gravel...yey!!! ( well- for now at least!! )
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• An oddly silent house. Apart from the chickens who're having a squawking competition......shurrup birds!

Getting a skirt pattern from an old dress pattern traced onto tissue, and finding a full set of French Curves and a Koh-i-Noor ruler on the 'Bay for 99p.

And that funny sunny blue stuff outside......very unusual and much appreciated.
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Forgiveness! (Something I'm not good at, I have to admit. )

Firstly, the Dawg still loves me, despite being 'snipped' and having to wear a lampshade. I'm feeling less guilty today.

Secondly, the Chooks still love me, despite me forgetting to let them back into the inner run (where the coop is) last night, so they had to sleep outside on the grass under the tree.

It was so funny when I realised, this morning, and opened it. They all belted in, and tried to get in through the door to the nest-boxes at the same time. Well, you can imagine it, at least four chooks headfirst through a gap that only one chook can fit through at a time.

When I looked in the nest-boxes, the two large ones had one hen in each, when there's room for three. The two small ones had four in each, when there's barely room for two. Nutters.
                      Last edited by Glutton4...; 01-05-2013, 04:40 PM.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• A lovely walk in the sun with the dogs, watching the wee un run like a rocking horse. Tea made and chilling with feet up, a good book, glass of wine and Jools on in the background till OITC gets home.
                        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                        If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• An hour at the physio which means I can now walk without hobbling, and aren't cross-eyed with a painkiller cocktail Hope it lasts!

God bless all physiotherapists.

Comment

• Sounds great, Sarz, hope it lasts too.

My time is completely my own this evening. How very strange. I feel a seagull skirt coming on.....
                            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                              An hour at the physio which means I can now walk without hobbling, and aren't cross-eyed with a painkiller cocktail Hope it lasts!

God bless all physiotherapists.
                              I am too having the same thing but I lie when she asks me if I have been gardening again - nope mam!

Seeing that my lettuce, beetroot and broadies haven't taken a hit in the overnight frosts. Nor have they been ravaged by slugs, although I did step on a big long fat yellow one today and I pretended it was Helen instead. I made her brains burst all over the slab
                              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                                I am too having the same thing but I lie when she asks me if I have been gardening again - nope mam!
                                Ah, now, I was told to carry on gardening and 'being active', so I don't have to lie about it

I was quite lucky that the chap I saw has had the same problems with his back (not lucky for him obviously!) so he knew just what I was talking about

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X