No announcement yet.

Foggy Windscreen

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers BB, I looked up this product but it appeared to be for exterior use so I looked at Rain-X Anti-Fog but it had too many negative reviews. Thanks anyway.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Had a little Gurgle on this and came up with some advice that makes me want to know more - or maybe not. How can I prevent the INSIDE of the car windscreen misting up? (without having to use the A/C.? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers
      Thank you for your reply to my groin question. In return...... You have to ask why is it misting up ? The usual suspects are a leaking heater matrix....that is the heat exchanger under the dash or, water or moisture in the car......if you have any of these you won't be able to stop the water condensing on your windsceen.

Comment

I never asked about your groin................
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          I never asked about your groin................
          It does make me wonder what the groin question was And how defogging a windscreen came up on a health questions board
          Almost as strange as it cropping up on a Gardening Forum

Comment

I've used the BH's shaving foam. Ssshhhh....don't tell him.

Once, I even used it to stop the full length mirror in the shower steaming up. I still couldn't see in it, but that might have been the foam over everywhere rather than the steam....
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Well, I can't remember ever seeing the coach driver buffing anything up, but it sounds too much like hard work to me.
              Have just had a look in my (new to me) car's handbook (no aircon) and it says to put the heater to windscreen only and onto the highest setting. I shall try it next time.
              Shaving foam? Not that I have any, but I'd have thought that would smear the screen up
              You'd have thought by now they would have something simple like this sorted!
              Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

could you try it on a mirror in the bathroom first? Or on a saller scale a compact and breathe on it but I doubt you have one to hand. Might be easier than a car window first.
                http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                  could you try it on a mirror in the bathroom first? Or on a saller scale a compact and breathe on it but I doubt you have one to hand. Might be easier than a car window first.
                  My thoughts exactly Jax so when I finished work, I cleaned all 4 side windows then applied shaving foam to the rear ones only, yes it does leave a greasy film but will see if it looks a pigs ear tomorrow morning.

Comment

What about a potato window? Not chips though as they would leave a greasy film!

Comment

will try shaving foam on the side windows and see how it goes.
                      Can't help but feel that you may end up having a close shave or two...
                      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Its no good - I'm going to have to experiment on the bathroom mirror. Toddles off to find a potato (easy) and some shaving foam (don't ask because I'm not telling!!)
                        Results to be revealed tomorrow morning

Comment

Typical........none of the windows were fogged up this morgan...........

Comment

Sod's Law BM, but at least it saved you some time. Have a good day.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

So it worked.............
                              I'm waiting for the hot water to be hot enough for a shower, then my experiment begins!
                              The mirror has been daubed with raw potato, shaving cream, toothpaste and washing up liquid with an untreated area left as a control!!
                              The things I do in the interests of science

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                So it worked.............
                                I'm waiting for the hot water to be hot enough for a shower, then my experiment begins!
                                The mirror has been daubed with raw potato, shaving cream, toothpaste and washing up liquid with an untreated area left as a control!!
                                The things I do in the interests of science
                                Did you buff the mirror up & put post-it notes on so you knew whch area was which?........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X