• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris View Post
    Oh, er:

"I'm not Welsh!!!"
    No, but you are getting the lilt.

*ducks and runs

Comment

What about undiluted washing up liquid? I used to know a coach driver who smeared a very thin layer on the windscreen - it seemed to work.
      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

You know what they say Chris.............if you live with 'em long enough.......
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by ladylottie View Post
          What about undiluted washing up liquid? I used to know a coach driver who smeared a very thin layer on the windscreen - it seemed to work.
          I've tried that on house windows, it leaves a greasy surface which is a nightmare to polish. Like your good self, I like to see where I am going or have been. Thanks for the suggested though LD.
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-11-2012, 08:01 AM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            I've tried that on house windows, it leaves a greasy surface which is a nightmare to polish. Like your good self, I like to see where I am going or have been. Thanks for the suggested though LD.
            what would that thought be BM ?u got me lost,mind,thats very easy to do lol,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

In the old days when I was a lad and a car was a box on wheels with a 12 horse power engine, the only defrosting/demisting appliance available was a device that was stuck onto the windscreen with suckers and was connected to the electrical sytem(there was no cigarette lighter socket). It took absolutely ages to work and to prevent icing up and or condensation, I remember my dad rubbing glycerine on the screen. I'm almost certain it must have smeared but it would have been an improvement on ice/condensation.

Now matey, to your problem. If you have air con, do not use it on recycle. That way, you simply retain all the moisture you generate in the course of breathing and will cause/add to any problem you may have with condensation.

My better halfs car is a nightmare for condensation. I have placed a couple of containers with dessicant granules in it to try to cure the problem. The supermarket that likes a bit of everybody elses market has them in it's cheapie range of hardware goods

Comment

If you have air conditioning then put that on and full blast the screen with the fan. It'll clear within a few minutes.
                Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Heated screens are fab - even the old banger I have now has one!!! Personally, I think they should be fitted as standard - we need to see where we're going, and it always amazes me the amount of folk who don't clear their windows.

I knew a lad who didn't bother, one morning, and he just cleared a small strip. It took over ten years for the scars on his forehead to fade enough to stop folk staring in horror, after he hit something he couldn't see, and went through the windscreen.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    No, but you are getting the lilt.

*ducks and runs
                    !

Comment

I have used the air con for demising windscreens for a few years now and it does work.... even better, when driving home when its wet, have the a/c on for the last 5 mins as this suck out any moisture..... now, how to stop it in the greenhouse? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                      Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Sorry guys.........no air-con......will try shaving foam on the side windows and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                          what would that thought be BM ?u got me lost,mind,thats very easy to do lol,
                          What thought do you think I am thinking about LD, I did mean to say suggestion though......

Comment

Its really quite simple - BM should have thanked LL not LD
                            Confused? we all are

Comment

Ooooooops......................THANKS LL....................Forget my thought LD, it was nothing......
                              Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-11-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Washing up liquid does work but you need to buff the smear coating to a high shine,my mates used to use it on crash helmet visors,I was too lazy to do the buffing & used a purpose made product.

Call in Helfords or look on eblag for Rain-X,clean the inside with it (still needs buffing but waaaaaaay easier than washing up liquid) not cheap,but it goes a long way & it really does work
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X