No announcement yet.

Builders - don't you just love them!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah, those ones up said slope, near top - purpleish. You said you had seeds of them the other day or something.

Comment

Ahhh, Cerinthe! I'll bring some back next weekend for you

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        If you had, would I have had to wear funny glasses to see your plan?
        If you want to wear funny glasses that is your prerogative, I could have done you a walk through too!!. Try doing that in funny glasses.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Be very careful what you offer, Mikey, its still a scribble on a bit of foolscap

Comment

Thats no way to talk about the builder, I'm sure he has a very nice hat.

Comment

He had a woolly hat on this morning - my pencil kept getting caught in his yarn

Comment

Its a good job I wasn't drinking my tea...

Comment

Mike's brother, Steve, lets me read his tattoos

Comment

Didn't they make a film about this once upon a time, now what was it called

Ah! that the one...............................'Blazing Saddles'

Potty
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Brilliant film, Potty - a real scorcher

Comment

Week 2

Last weekend's empty space has been filled with this! Now I have the internal layout to plan by Monday including powerpoints, light switches and other paraphernalia. With a bit of jiggling of the internal partition, the boiler should fit into the utility room leaving the hallway empty -apart from some shallow cupboards.
                        Work on the external blockwork and slates starts Monday. Reluctantly, I'm having a UPVC front door as Mike reminded me that my other hardwood external doors have all had to be adjusted several times because of the weather. Its a little exposed up here on the cliff
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ask him to get you a wood effect UPVC not as good as the real thing but a whole lot better than glaring white. Save on energy too.

Colin
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Potty. The front door will be concealed under an open fronted porch and won't be seen front on. I'll think about that one!
                            An itsy bitsy plumbing question please Is there any problem with having a draining board set in a work surface with a washing machine underneath? I'm struggling trying to squash everything in to a 2.6m run. Need to fit in the boiler 55cms, washing machine, 60 cms and freezer 60cms leaving 85cms for a sink. I have a double bowl ceramic sink that came out of the old utility and fits into an 80cm cabinet, so thats an option but its a bit battered and needs a new cabinet. Any other options?

Comment

Any other options?
                              I notice you haven't mentioned where you are putting the root cellar...
                              (Seriously, doesn't need to be big, dead handy. )
                              There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Is that for tree roots. Sno? Nothing else stands a chance of putting down roots on this cliff
                                I do have an outside dunny, built into the bank that is destined to be a cold store of some sort! That's once I find a home for all the junk that's in there now.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X