No announcement yet.

Builders - don't you just love them!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was all planning permission sorted then, or is it if you don't bother people too much do what you will?

Maybe I should move down that way! hehe

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
      I've literally had it up to here (*points to above his head) with rubbish workers/tradesmen - which is one of the reasons why I do everything myself now. Well, everything that I can. You would have hated to have me as a customer, I can assure you
      Dude, I could have given you a number of a really good plasterer, I've said before you only need to ask, don't trawl the YP or the phone book.

You couldn't be any fussier than I am, I say to my wife does that look alright and she replies, I don't mind you're the one thats got to live with it.....so I redo it until I'm happy.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Could you delete that Chris
        Its being rebuilt, like for like but in block instead of timber as the floor was rotten and the roof was in danger of collapse (I made up that bit!) There'll be an open porch, just a jutting out roof really and the door is being moved.
        The photo was taken when i bought the house, its changed a bit since then!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
          Dude, I could have given you a number of a really good plasterer, I've said before you only need to ask, don't trawl the YP or the phone book.

You couldn't be any fussier than I am, I say to my wife does that look alright and she replies, I don't mind you're the one thats got to live with it.....so I redo it until I'm happy.
          exact same convo in our house. Daily.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Could you delete that Chris
            Its being rebuilt, like for like but in block instead of timber as the floor was rotten and the roof was in danger of collapse (I made up that bit!) There'll be an open porch, just a jutting out roof really and the door is being moved.
            The photo was taken when i bought the house, its changed a bit since then!
            Was going to say it's different to how I remember it!

Comment

It certainly is! The House then was single storey, it has an extra floor now! This shed/kitchen was the only bit of the house that I haven't altered - but it was always going to be. The floor was collapsing andslugs came up through it every night. I was seriously worried about the oil boiler as I didn't know what was underneath it. Probably never will now either!
              Also if the floor collapsed the roof would be next to go. Mike was going to save the slates and use them for the new roof - I hope he has

Comment

oh dear VC,what a nightmare good job you got someone you can trust,not long agao you was saying what can you spend money on,but jeepers creepers,and as for plasterers,thats i thing i cannot do is the troweling up,we have had recomendations in the past,and thats where it stopped,hope not to need 1 ever again,the last 1 i had to pick him up on a few bits,he had no choice but to correct his wrong doings,we only let someone else loose when we either not allowed by law,or not skilled enough,it does take loner,but you know what you got,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Mike's the builder I would choose but I would have liked some notice and also to discuss it with him beforehand! I'm not even sure when I can get down there now because of Rosie - there'll be a lot of dust around that I can't let get into her eyes.
                  As for money - its taken a bit of a knock with the vet's bills
                  I've more or less recovered now, it was the shock of hearing that there was a fire up there and the building had disappeared!

Comment

Cor blimey VC, bet that was a bit of a shock

and Chris....
                    Originally posted by chris View Post
                    Mikey,It's taken me this long to do the plumbing, change the c/h setup, leccy and what not myself
                    the lady doth protest too much......

Comment

hope it all works out for you VC,perhaps he needs reminding who is in charge,he was quick to start the job,anyway,i thought the fire brigade would not let anything be moved until they had investigated as to how it started,hope rosie is feeling rosier,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Are you now happy with what's gone on? Was it as intended......in spite of the timing and lack of notice and a quote?

Loving my allotment!

Comment

It was a "controlled" fire Lottie! The builders were burning off the waste wood rather than take it to the tip - that means carrying it down 50 steps! Just as they'll have to carry up all the blocks, cement, wood etc It keeps them fit!

Comment

I'm sure they would much rather you were there VC, someone to mop their brow and hand them a cuppa tea.
                            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Newton View Post
                              Are you now happy with what's gone on? Was it as intended......in spite of the timing and lack of notice and a quote?
                              I've no idea what they've done as I'm 75 miles away. But we had discussed what needed to be done and basically it was removing the roof, dismantling what is really a shed, putting in footings and rebuilding it in blockwork with cavities and insulation and slapping the roof back on. They'll reuse as much as possible - door, window, slates, guttering -to keep the cost down.
                              So I'm pleased it will be done before the cold weather but he was out of order starting without discussing it first.
                              I'll make him suffer for it

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                                I'm sure they would much rather you were there VC, someone to mop their brow and hand them a cuppa tea.
                                This lot get by on Red Bull and fags with a Full Breakfast in the local cafe at 10am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X