No announcement yet.

Builders - don't you just love them!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rain has eased off and its looking brighter. All I can hear is sawing, drilling and banging, but they're inside under the Ruberoid roofy stuff. I was surprised how dry it stayed in there yesterday. I'm trying to think of a use for the offcuts.........
    Looks like another trip down memory lane for you and your washing Sno

Comment

• Well the mind is boggling now, I know I looked up what scorzone=whatsit was and also skirret, but can't remember now. Frankly, a skirret in yer drawers, I'm pretty sure I don't want to know that!
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• What roof if they are stiil working at cutting their noggins, there ain't no roof. Good job their Welsh lads their used to the rain.

Potty.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• They are inside noggins,Potty, within the timber frame walls, for the kitchen cupboards. They are slapping in noggins all over the place because they know I can't make up my mind about anything
          The plumber should be up tomorrow to refix the boiler and the slating and walling should be complete by next weekend.
          And the rain had stopped when I left but they do have waterproof hides

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            The rain has eased off and its looking brighter. All I can hear is sawing, drilling and banging, but they're inside under the Ruberoid roofy stuff. I was surprised how dry it stayed in there yesterday. I'm trying to think of a use for the offcuts.........
            Looks like another trip down memory lane for you and your washing Sno
            you could aways design a new age sculpture,then enter it for the tate,or fire wood,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I really should have stayed there - we've just had a powercut here in Cardiff - I don't know how many thousand homes were off - but it was a couple of hours before my neck of the woods had power. I couldn't think what to do by the light of two candles (not even four!) But I'm back now, just in time for bed

Comment

• A wicked end to the day ! I'm sure you were de-lighted...
                There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

• always a call for a bright spark isn't there ?

Comment

• Was it the cows wot did it?
                    BBC News - Scottish Power blames cows and birds for Powys power cuts
                    PS Not my area but we do have cows in South Wales too

Comment

• And there was me finking it wos them flying Welsh kamikazi pigs boshing into the overhead wires.

Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• All this talk of decorating! This is how the rebuilt extension has progressed over the last couple of weeks. Weather permitting, the external walls will be painted this week. Inside, its plastered and painted, floor tiled with underfloor heating and wall cupboards have been made from T&G to fit the odd spaces. The plumber and electrician should be there this week and the end is drawing nigh - at last!
                        Thanks for bearing with me through the initial trauma
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Builders using the correct amount of gutter brackets, nearly fell off me chair.

Good lad who did the rendering though.

Potty.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• looking good VC,like the porch,are you having a bench seat/box in it,for storage of your wellies,and wet weather gear,and what colour the paint,
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Thanks Potty & Lottie! Very encouraging!
                              The porch will have a seat to the right of the entrance - looking for a big piece of timber or slate for it.. Wellies underneath and a couple of hooks for coats and dog leads. Will be painted to match the house - a bit magnolia-ish. The green paint on the reveals of the house windows is lighthouse paint - courtesy of a contact in Trinity house Its like painting with chewing gum!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X