No announcement yet.

Panic Buying

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure about his but apparently national statistics show we suffering severe shortages of starlings...the nation is flocking to buy some more m
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

My God BB I must thrush down there to see this!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        I've got half a tank, but I'll make that last until the price comes back down again.
        Now I am confused as to what to applaud the loudest,your apparent optimism or your sense of humour

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          My God BB I must thrush down there to see this!

They are going to be well overpriced VVG,government are just robin us every which way

Comment

i've been panic buying .... i now have 17 jerry cans .... they're not easy to find in all this panic ....
            should i be filling them up too?
            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Water containers?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjo View Post
                Water containers?!!

Yer know how as you go through life & pick up little snippets of useless information

As it goes you can buy jerry cans specifically for water,they are easy to identify,flick the cap open & check inside for a plastic coating

Comment

Sadly, I predict a new war
                  the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
                    .... i now have 17 jerry cans ....
                    Bloody foreign cans coming over here nicking jobs from good old british cans

*i am joking of course

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
                      Sadly, I predict a new war
                      Di and Steve - Don't mention the war!!

Comment

i've filled the jerry cans with petrol, just like the MP told us .... i've filled the car with diesel .... and all is good .... i've stopped panicing ....
                        and i'm so relieved i work from home and don't need to drive more than once a fortnight ....
                        http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                          Not sure about his but apparently national statistics show we suffering severe shortages of starlings...the nation is flocking to buy some more m
                          I do hope so. They've only just stopped flocking round here, my windows are covered in the proverbial, and I can't even reach the windows to clean it off [yes, they are literally covered in es haitch ei tea....]

Comment

Well, I had better get out there and find a petrol station open before the mad rush.........seesya later.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                              I do hope so. They've only just stopped flocking round here,
                              Reckon you got all the missing ones then Taf ............

Starlings at all time low

Sadly, the counts revealed that starling numbers are at an all time low since the survey began more than thirty years ago.

Though still at number two on the results board, starlings were seen in fewer than half the UK's gardens. In the first survey in 1979, the average number of starlings seen in UK gardens was 15. This year, that number fell to its lowest ever with an average of just three starlings seen per garden.

These declines are being mirrored across much of northern Europe too, and because of this drop in numbers, the species is red listed as a bird of high conservation concern.

We've been monitoring this decline and research is already underway to find out more about the disappearance of these birds. Possible reasons could include changes in their feeding habitats and changes beneath the soil reducing their insect food.

Taken from ......... The RSPB: Big Garden Birdwatch: Results 2012

Comment

reckon you're right. There must have been well over a thousand of them. Apparently they flock like that when predators are about, and I saw a couple of different hawk type birds around to confirm the hypothesis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X