Kindle..........can i delay any longer?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Didn't realise you could go on other web sites with them - though it was just amazon and wikipedia - what's it like for general surfing?
    Exactly as it said - bit slow to type [I haven't got the keyboard at the bottom] but otherwise fine, just as easy as my blackberry.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      Exactly as it said - bit slow to type [I haven't got the keyboard at the bottom] but otherwise fine, just as easy as my blackberry.
      There's loads of sites I can't view properly on my blackberry so I assumed it'd be the same, for example this site doesn't work at all, you just can't view it properly so after a couple of attempts I just don't bother. Things like BBC and Facebook work just fine though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

The Vine works quite well on the Kindle I've found Better than it does on my mobile, because it's not so tiny. The main problem I have with the Kindle browser is that moving the cursor around is very slow and imprecise.

Comment

I have the keyboard model and I use it to check on a kindle users' site I frequent. I find it quite good if a touch slow.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Didn't realise you could go on other web sites with them - though it was just amazon and wikipedia - what's it like for general surfing?
            We used my G3 Kindle for internet searches, while we were away on holiday, and without a laptop - for emergency Gooooogling purposes . It saved us from many a disagreement

Comment

Oh dear, this may mean that I'll be saving my pennies.............

One quick question, can you share books with friends or is it only if you have fully linked accounts - I mean I might only want to read one book from a friend rather than have their full set and it depends on what people are happy with if you see what I mean.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

The sharing thing hasn't been set up here yet, but hopefully will be soon. They have it in the US already, where you can do a 2 week 'loan' of a book to another Kindle user.

Comment

That would be good so fingers crossed they'll get it sorted here too. I could never imagine a time when I didn't buy any proper books but am gradually coming round to the advantages of having both - maybe I'm getting greedy in my old age

Comment

Kindles are sooooo much easier to read in bed Alison, and if you fall asleep, you don't lose your page

Comment

Don't tend to read in bed much as by the time I go up I'm usually so tired I just want to sleep but know what you mean.

Comment

I may have to buy one for Mr.G for CHRIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAS!

*I'm soooo devious sometimes...
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I just want to update kindle users who might wonder at the fact that I've been below the parapet for a month or two. I have been editing a kindle anthology. I belong to the Goodreads UK Amazon Kindle Forum and between us we have come up with a book! It's called A Goodreads Gallimaufrey and is priced at 86p. It has short stories, poems, non-fiction and a recipe section. It's been hard work but a lot of fun to get it ready for publication and it went live today. I have 3 poems in under my real name and a short story under my forum name (Ignite - means kindle, get it?) If you want to buy it, put the book title into the Amazon search box. And thank you if you do!

To say I'm a bit excited would not be to do justice to the fizzing feeling!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Wow, that's really exciting Flum! *goes off for a look*

Comment

Bought. Nice one Flum.

Comment

I have never fancied a kindle. I like books, real books. I like the feel of them, the smell of them, everything about them.
                                MrH for some inexplicable reason bought me a Kindle for Christmas. I have just got round to turning it on.

It's flaming brilliant!!! So many books to choose and so cheap!!!!
                                Loving it
                                WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X