Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Upgrade - Moans, New finds & where have things gone?!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certainly better than this 'half Vine' that we have at the mo.

More power to your widgets, techies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Just to let you know.....

The forum will be offline Late Sunday or Monday evening to preform the update.
      Thank you Nicos for keeping us updated. If you're given an explanation, and some kind of timescale, you can deal with inconveniences. If nothing is communicated or explained at all you get a little bit ticked off
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        If nothing is communicated or explained at all you get a little bit ticked off[/SIZE]
        Yup...it's not nice feeling ignored/unimportant is it???

IT did send their appolly-wollies ( sound like they're really , really busy - but trying to keep us online for as much of the time as poss!)

.....that's a +ve ain't it???
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          .....that's a +ve ain't it???
          Very good Nicos I like that
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            If nothing is communicated or explained at all you get a little bit ticked off
            Oh dear.
            Usually there are lots of members online, but this morning there are only 3 logged in - has everyone left the building?
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• It has been very quiet recently.

Comment

• I'm here now,I guess peeps are expecting it to be down for fixing,it looks to me like the fix either was not done or did not work

Comment

• I have just heard from admin and it will be going down later this morning for about 3 hours. Hopefully it will then work properly.

Comment

• Thanks for the update Incy.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Incy,I copied that into general chat for those not trawling

Comment

• Thanks Bearded Bloke

Comment

• Please see glitches announcement for further update.

Comment

• I've posted an update on the 'Chat' thread, so some should see it.

Would seem strange to talk about sommat else other than people moaning about glitches. I miss the 'New Posts' button, but it isn't the end of the world. The lack of search function is a great loss, but there's always Google, and half the time it sends you back 'home' to the Vine anyway!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I've never used the New Posts button, so I don't miss it and although I do miss the Search button a bit, it's quite easy to search the threads without it and if I'm desperate I know someone will always help me out. I agree with Snadge that it's somewhat dismissive sometimes to tell a new grape to search, so I stopped doing that before the upgrade. It's sad that a lot of people are spending more time on Faceache, I do miss them.
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• If you put Grow Your Own or growfruitandveg before the thing you search for in Google, 9 times out of 10 it will find the thing you want on here.

I do wish people would quit whingeing, how many of the boards do people ever look at anyway? I'll bet 90% of the threads are between Vegging Out and Chat! It's really not such a trial to scroll up and click the board title instead of New Posts. And if you want to see if anyone has replied to your thread/post, just click on 'Settings' instead!

Everyone's talking like Admin are just sat there twiddling their thumbs - they AREN'T! Dave is working his socks off trying to sort this out, whilst Paul has all Aceville's other websites to look after. I can assure you that they want this sorted as much as we do, albeit for commercial reasons.

As for us, well, we're struggling too. As you probably noticed, we lost 2 of our team just recently Scarey and Incy have been thrown in the deep-end, but they're doing a fab job. Nicos is trying to organise a wedding and I'm not well and trying to finish an OU course. PW is working silly amounts of hours and Seahorse has had a computer disaster. But, we're getting on with it as best we can, and a bit of support would be nice instead of everyone deserting a sinking ship, and chewing our ears off while they do it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X