No announcement yet.

Ibruprofen!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lizzy, you're so right. I was once woken up in order to take my sleeping tabs.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Had morphine a couple of times after bad parachuting accidents, and enjoyed it like you did Chris.
      Fortunately my years of such craziness are long gone, but unfortunately that means I probably wont get to experience the high again for a while.
      Last edited by bobleponge; 01-09-2010, 07:57 PM. Reason: ot? ot?
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        This thread should be re-named 'The Junkie Thread!' LOL

If I get the beginnings of a cold, or a migraine, both extremely rare, I take a couple of Flu capsules. Other than that, I guess I'm just lucky. So far...
        Was just going to write "You lot are a pack of junkie's" then realised I am one of 'you lot'!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

In defensive (!) until 4 weeks ago when my tooth snapped in half I used to be one of those who wouldn't take painkillers. But I don't think you realise how bad it can be not to be able to sleep/talk/function until it happens to you! I always used to think it was a weakness to have to rely on painkillers until I didn't sleep for 3 days. I have great respect and sympathy now for those of you suffer on a daily basis. You junkies!

Comment

Can't take ibuprofen (asthmatic and IBS) When I tried to destroy my back I was made to take it, but it ended up that I would take some, then 2 hours later throw up..waste of time so I stopped.
            Now I take serrapeptase daily, which is anti-inflammatory without the side effects, and controls the skin inflammation and arthritis that is caused by the Lymes.
            If I'm starting a migraine co-codamol usually kills it if I take it early enough.
            Other than that I dont bother.
            Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              Lizzy, you're so right. I was once woken up in order to take my sleeping tabs.
              nuts or what

Maybe they could afford more expensive medicines for the extreme cases if they didnt over medicate the rest of the hospital

Comment

Having had morphine after a couple of ops I can quite understand how some people get hooked on drugs. When I came round I was high as a kite with no noticeable after effects other than thirst. Apparently I was quite cheeky to the nurses, but all I remember is a warm fuzz.

I can sympathise with Vicky, dental pain is one of the worst. When I was suffering I was alternating ibuprofen & cocodemol every few hours.

Now I have Diclofenac for my arthritis, but I only need it once or twice a month at the moment thank God.
                There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Good god, some of you are in a bad way
                  Yes! Absolutely.....

I can't straighten my left arm due to an injury and thus my shoulder muscle 'clags up'; which in turn gives me cracking headaches. If I didn't take pain killers I'd not get out of bed some days. Most days actually.....

Comment

Originally posted by vicky View Post
                    I don't think you realise how bad it can be not to be able to sleep/talk/function ... I always used to think it was a weakness to have to rely on painkillers
                    Indeed. I have a paralysed accessory nerve in my back: my left shoulder blade doesn't work at all, so my left arm doesn't have full function. In order to use my left arm, my neck muscles have to work overtime, however I've had my left neck muscle excised too. So the few muscles left are constantly cramping.
                    14 years of interventions by the docs haven't helped at all, so now I have to use the arm as little as poss, and take co-cod as little as poss. Movement/exercise is the best thing for it: sitting down still is the worst, so I'm always on the go.

OH is funny: he takes migraine tabs for an ordinary headache, and Lemsip if his muscles ache after exercise. But he won't go to a doctor if there's something genuinely wrong with him (like his chronic heartburn)

Originally posted by vicky View Post
                    You junkies!
                    Yup. I could make a fortune on the street with my little collection of These Don't Work But I'll Hang On To Thems
                    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 02-09-2010, 06:56 AM.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

You Junkies should start a new thread like the Chicken one;
                      "Lets see how many Drugs we have to take ..."
                      Last edited by Glutton4...; 02-09-2010, 07:16 AM.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

i hate morphine .... it makes me dead (well according to the docs who can't find any registerable blood pressure, it does).... and if i'm still alive, i hallucinate i'm dead ..... not a good feeling

Comment

Due to the unique way that my nerves conduct pain signals, even morphine has to be a double dose before it works... Means that if I overdo it, I suffer because nothing completely takes away the pain in my back, hips, ankles etc. The best thing for me is 'management' - do enough to keep moving but not so much that it hurts. And keep the tramadol handy just in case

Comment

I cant take codeine - makes me really ill. I actually find the best pain killer (for non headache stuff, ie I get a shooting pain in my leg sometimes if I have done a lot of walking etc) is aspirin.

Comment

I normally have to take a couple of co-codamol at night as I get dull aches in my legs and hips these days - turning into a right old crock - soon be a write-off!

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                                i hate morphine .... it makes me dead (well according to the docs who can't find any registerable blood pressure, it does).... and if i'm still alive, i hallucinate i'm dead ..... not a good feeling
                                Its not supposed to be a recreational drug!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X