Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
    Have mine for supper!
    Me too - or else my feet keep whinging and keep me awake!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

when i get a very bad headache, i take 3 ibo. tabs, and it often hits it on the head. apart from headaches, i find that all of the painkillers prescribed by doctors, have no effect on me whatsoever. ( diclofenic, para codamol, tramadol, etc.- anyway, i prefer not to take any at all, and the doctor saysd you have to take them regularily to build up the effect- as they say on packets that they can be addictive, i can't see the sense in that at all!)

Comment

Good god, some of you are in a bad way - only ever take pain killers if it's really bad (once or twice a year usually) as don't really like tablets. Most of my pains can be got rid of by fresh air, plenty of water and a good stretch. As somebody further up has said, I don't want to build up immunity etc (not sure if there is truth in that but not willing to find out) and don't want to be a pill poper like the in-laws who will pop a pill every time they take a breath if possible

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          Same here, but I take co-codamol with my flat white
          I take Ibuprofen as a pain killer they work fine,
          I did take co-codamol but the made me depressed.
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

I havent taken a tablet for a few years now, even if Im in agony. It may sound daft but I like to be able to feel whats going on in my body to react to it in the right way. Usually (depending on the aches or pains) I get up and do abit of excercise. If my knees hurt I use a heat pack etc etc. I have some herbal remedies etc. After Jamie got poorly we researched alot so I probably know too much. OH is also one of those people that if theres side effects he gets it (pain in the bum!!)
            http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Bliemy, I'm with bob & swansea girl!

Except, I'd like to experience taking morphine again. That was a strange sensation! (appendix removed)

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Ibuprofen is my bestist friend...but only when I need a couple!

...mind you- Asthmatics should run a mile if one is offered!

Yup Snadge- this house renovation milarky is harder work than gardening!!!
                Looks like a good thread to say 'Hello again'. Been AWOL for a few weeks 'cos I had a rather nasty medical condition and then took a few weeks holiday in the West Country to recuperate and haven't bothered at all with my pet jungle. Home now though and have to start on the absolute mess that surrounds the house - eventually. But I am advised to 'take it steady for a while' by my GP. so I shall just continue taking my Paracetamol (I'm asthmatic, Nicos) and also allergic to Codeine based drugs and be a theoretical gardener for a couple of months. But It is good to say 'Hi' to you all and assure you that I have not been sulking.
                Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                >
                >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I'm with chris, bob & swansea girl, except the morphine bit, never had it

Comment

If I have to take a pain killer its usually ibuprofen, and sometimes paracetamol. I tend to suffer from severe headaches occasionally. I try to find natural cures for most ailments, (ie raspberry leaf tea) but headaches are one thing nothing else works but drugs!

Comment

I used to take ibuprofen for my migraines, but was diagnosed with Crohns so figured I'd probably best stop before my insides melted.

These days I tend to use paracetamol only (the opiates work well, but tend to space me out a bit plus I am lucky that I don't have chronic pain or anything like that so don't actually need them atm) for things like migraines. If I take them early enough and rehydrate with a salty and sugary snack it catches em!

Comment

Well, I never used to take them, but then, I never used to have arthritis in my feet. If it's a choice between keeping 'pure' or sleeping, bring on the drugs!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

This thread should be re-named 'The Junkie Thread!' LOL

If I get the beginnings of a cold, or a migraine, both extremely rare, I take a couple of Flu capsules. Other than that, I guess I'm just lucky. So far...
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                            I'm very much a non tablet taker, the doc was amazed when I refused his kind offer after he had yanked out my big toe nail, by Odins beard that was painful.
                            I dont take them, cos I feel that when I really do need them, my body will have built up less immunity to them so they will work better.
                            you are right to avoid if you can, and I agree immunity is an issue but I am unable to live without chemical pain management at the moment

Due to health issues which I won't bore you with I have to take 5 different painkillers including Tramadol and Oramorph (liquid morphine) to keep me going, the trouble is as and when I need surgery the hospital struggles badly with my pain management, sadly morphine comes with many problems and the worst being what can we use thats stronger

I try to balance my pain levels and medication, I don't want to be in agony however I don't want to be comatosed due to high sedation, I want to be active but I don't want to cause too much pain as that means yet another week bed ridden
                            Thought For The Day
                            If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
                            Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                              Except, I'd like to experience taking morphine again.
                              No, it's really not nice. Hallucinations: curtains sending you messages, not recognising your own brother: I hated it.
                              Co-codamol turns to morphine in your body, but it's pretty mild. It just takes the sharp edges off my pain so I can function (alcohol has a similar effect, but nasty side effects the next morning )
                              I don't take pills unless everything else (fresh air, exercise) has failed.
                              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 01-09-2010, 07:08 PM.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Lucky to say most of the time I don't need to take anything. I was shocked by my docs when I went through chemo cos they threw so many tablets at me because of 'just in case you have this or that side effect'.

When I pointed out that I would wait to see if I actually had this or that side effect before taking the necessary medicines they where really shocked. Turns out I didn't need any at all apart from mild trancs to help with leg pain they thought was caused by psychological stress by which point I was too mellow maaaaan to give a sh*t

I've often wondered how much it costs the NHS to over-medicate like that!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X