No announcement yet.

Why did *I* say sorry?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly peeps- don't ya know pavements are for PARKING on?????

(* hides from 2sheds)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Liza View Post
      I was so shocked I forgot to push her off her bl***y bike !
      Do you resort to physical violence when a motorist or another pedestrian is mean to you?

Not you Lisa, this isn't personal, I mean the question to everyone. It seems that violence against cyclists is acceptable, even humorous. Of course, it's not funny when you're cycling along minding your own business and a passenger in a car spits or shouts at you, just because you exist.
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 19-08-2010, 07:28 AM. Reason: I added a video further back in the thread
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'm getting de ja vu

My reason for posting wasn't to have a go at cyclists (not aimed at TS) my reason for posting was how rude someone was when they was in the wrong and that I apologised - how bizarre is that
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

I used to cycle 14 miles a day in my youth and was on the receiving end of all sorts of probs
          ...the funnyest being ...overtaking a parked truck I suddenly felt something very warm and wet on my thigh- yup- he'd been making a brew and chucked the teabag out of his cabin window and it landed on me

( it did cross my mind it could equally have been a huge 'gob' out of the window)

..not something you expect when cycling along minding your own business..still have a chuckle about it even now!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            ...he'd been making a brew and chucked the teabag out of his cabin window and it landed on me
            now that make me laugh! You should have chucked it back and said 'two sugars and milk please'
            aka
            Suzie

Comment

I have to say that I am exactly the same, it is ingrained in me, my husband is always moaning "why did you apologise" i think it is as british as queueing (i think that is how you spell it).

I think if we show manners, it just shows up the people that have none, and to scowl at you is just rude.

Kxx

Comment

You're obviously a really,really nice person . If people are horrible I go the other way and become really sugary sweet and nice to them, usually get very confused half smiles back when they realise that maybe it was them that was in the wrong.
                Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Oh, and did you enjoy Hitchin? I could have met you for coffee!!
                  Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                    Oh, and did you enjoy Hitchin? I could have met you for coffee!!
                    I always enjoy Hitchin - lovely, lovely town ...see you in Just Desserts
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Agree with pretty much all of what has been said up there

Manners Mrs, manners. Nuffink more than that.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        Do you resort to physical violence when a motorist or another pedestrian is mean to you?

Well it has been known
                        Last edited by zazen999; 19-08-2010, 06:38 PM. Reason: sorting quote
                        You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
                          You're obviously a really,really nice person .
                          Tea>Screen.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                            Snadge hun - it wasn't sooo much that herself was on the pavement, it was more that she scowled at me for 'getting in her way' when, as I believe it, I have the right of way not herself.........................
                            I apologise then.......Doh!!!!!! Now you've got me doing it!
                            Last edited by Snadger; 19-08-2010, 06:41 PM.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                              Tea>Screen.
                              Ohh ERRR misssses, what ya saying ?
                              You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Saying sorry to everything and everyone is a very British thing. My Belgian wife thought it was weird the first few years living here .. now she does it to!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X