Do you suit your name?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
    If I ever envisage someone called Brenda I see a well built, somewhat stocky woman of a certain age with fair hair. That describes me so you could say I suit my name.
    When I was small I saw a photo of a prize winning Guernsey cow. Her name was Brenda and I have hated the name ever since.
    Brengirl I've always thought of our name as being bit unusual, in real life I've only ever met 2 other Brenda/Brens and during my 15 years on line you're only second one I've 'met' .

Luckily I've not seen the cow photo so i don't have that image in my head
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

The male equivalent of Brenda ia Brendan, like the Newcastle runner Brendan Foster.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Come on people you're talking about your names and we don't know what they are half the time.
        I'm Lisa which I've grown into but I'm a twin and my mum didn't know she was having two (how, when she had 65" hips she couldn't have guessed I don't know) so (I'm the eldest) the name she had Lisa Jane was split between us. I don't have a middle name and have felt like I have missed out all my life.
        My mum's reasoning for not giving us middle names apart from being shocked at having 2 babies instead of one is that with a surname like Underdown we had enough to learn how to spell!! That covers age 4-5 and the rest of my life?????
        I'm thinking of having one added by deed poll and are having a good laugh trying to come up with one.
        Daughters aged 11 & 14 want something beginning with O as I am now Lisa Lancaster so my initials would be LOL. Very funny!
        How about Lottie!!!!!
        x
        Time flies especially when you are at the allotment!!

Comment

Well my name has changed a couple of times. I was born in Germany and was given the name Angelika, was then adopted and brought over here and my name was changed to Angela both apparently meaning 'messenger of God'. Don't know about that but I guess, having white blonde hair and blue eyes when little may have made me look a bit angel like also have been told that I am a kind hearted soul awwwwww, however my sense of humour can be a bit wicked!
          Anyways my only link to any sort of messenger is that OH used to be a postie, does that count??
          Nowadays most people just call me Angie and that's just fine by me
          AKA Angie

Comment

I don't mind my name - Elaine, but I prefer my nicknames Lainey or Lil - they don't sound quite so grown up and I think they suit me better!
            Plus my kids think it's great fun to call me Elaine the pain (from Tracey Beaker)!

Alison, my sister is an Alison too and sadly we do all call her Ali bongo (feel a bit bad now!).
            Mind you my other sis is Jill and she gets called dilders! titter!!!!
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
              My initials are DM...I have one pair of sandals and one pair of boots..both DMs.

Also if you put my surname initial after Di you get DiM....I used to be a DiP
              I wanted ds to be ethan lewis fenwick (ELF) but wan't allowed his dad said he'd be teased. So hes called Small at home instead.

I think mine means graceful or favoured by God i feel i'm neither
              Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
              www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X