Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes you think they've grown up and then .....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
    One of my few regrets is that I DIDN'T do any of the really daft things, I just believed my parents (and observed the problems my big sister had when she didn't take notice of advice).
    Doing some daft things is a proper part of growing up. I missed out by knowing it was 'silly' before I did it, not the seriously stupid stuff, like driving (never had the chance), but ordinary things like going to parties and getting home late etc. Never got invited to that sort of party, so.....
    As a parent, you don't need 'moral high ground' to tell your kids not to do the daft things. Being able to say "Yes I did that sort of thing AND NOW I WISH I HADN'T" is probably more effective! It won't entirely get through, but it just might make them think (which would be a good idea for most teenagers.......)

I was the same Hilary... being the youngest child I also observed all the errors my elder sisters did and the wrath of my dad. I did bunk off school once but got caught straight away, though as I was the first in my family to take lessons and buy a car this was not an issue. But I do wish I had been just a little bit wild. My eldest has done the whole partying thing, coming in the following morning bit, and I am sure the younger one will do too in the not too distant future. As you say it is part of growing up and this is the sort of thing I kind of expected them to do, but I had hoped that no laws would be broken in the process. They have so far stayed pretty much on track and I hope this will continue.
    If this is as bad as it gets I wont be disappointed.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X