Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes you think they've grown up and then .....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently it is a problem because anyone could have walked in off the road!
    Personally, I wouldn't have gone anywhere near someone who was doing handbrake turns, or an obviously inexperienced learner, but hey, that's just me.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

the friend and his dad went to collect impounded car yesterday, and the policeman who released it said it should never have been impounded in the first place. Apparently the copper who turned up on the night is renowned for sending everyone to court.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Phew - but is there going to be a follow up or have the police dropped the case?
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

not heard anything yet. At the moment I am expecting a letter with a date for going to court, but it would be a huge relief if it was dropped.

Comment

I am afraid that private land that is open to the public IS NOW covered by the same Road Laws as the normal road.

The law was changed a few years back after insurance companies realised that they were not liable for any accidents (cars bumping or people being knocked down or killed) if they occurred on private land, such as supermarket carparks. So they stopped paying out.

The law was changed so you must observe all regulations in a car park including wearing a seat-belt before setting off (and, of course, you must have insurance).
            The proof of the growing is in the eating.
            Leave Rotten Fruit.
            Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potasium - potash.
            Autant de tętes, autant d'avis!!!!!
            Il n'est si méchant pot qui ne trouve son couvercle.

Comment

Update:
              We went to magistrates courts this morning and she got Ł100 fine and 6 points.
              The magistrate apparently said that he realized this was just a silly mistake and he didn't really want to impose anything but he had to give something and opted for the minimum possible that he could.
              The other lad got Ł200 fine and 6 points plus he has to pay his solicitor plus his insurance will rocket up as he already had points.

Comment

Hopefully she will have learnt her lesson My DD at 17, just got her prov licence, went to a local beauty spot with a friend in friends car and, not yet even had a driving lesson, drove the car straight into a 2ft high solid roundabout! Luckily for her her father was in the motor trade and our neighbours son was an RAC man so he towed the car in to hubbys garage and paid for all the work! Friend is still a friend
                A year later she was in court for being a getaway driver but that's another story

Comment

My main worry would be that she will now have a blemish on her record which will show up in any CRB check... there are SO MANY jobs now which require a CRB that she may find it difficult in finding work - or have some persuasive explaining to do. Do get some proper legal advice.

Comment

she already has a crb certificate as she needs to have one to continue at cadets being 18 now, so that is covered for the next few years. the points stay on for 3 years i think, not sure about that. as she has another year to do at school and then uni after that she wont be needing a full license for 4-5 years. i dont think the points will stop her taking lessons and her test any time in the next 4 years when she wants to. she now wants to be a civil engineer, or at least do that at uni, not sure if she would need a crb in order to do that.
                    this has been a hard lesson for her but hopefully she will do things properly in future.
                    Last edited by weekendwellies; 18-10-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Im glad it is all over for you all x Bet its a weight off of your shoulders
                      http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

glad it's over with, the wiaintg and worrying that is.

Comment

Well at least the wait is over and you know what the outcome is. Hopefully this will be enough to stop any silly shinannigans in the future!

Comment

Glad for you all that it is over.
                            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

One of my few regrets is that I DIDN'T do any of the really daft things, I just believed my parents (and observed the problems my big sister had when she didn't take notice of advice).
                              Doing some daft things is a proper part of growing up. I missed out by knowing it was 'silly' before I did it, not the seriously stupid stuff, like driving (never had the chance), but ordinary things like going to parties and getting home late etc. Never got invited to that sort of party, so.....
                              As a parent, you don't need 'moral high ground' to tell your kids not to do the daft things. Being able to say "Yes I did that sort of thing AND NOW I WISH I HADN'T" is probably more effective! It won't entirely get through, but it just might make them think (which would be a good idea for most teenagers.......)
                              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                                Being able to say "Yes I did that sort of thing AND NOW I WISH I HADN'T" is probably more effective! It won't entirely get through, but it just might make them think (which would be a good idea for most teenagers.......)
                                It doesn't work, unfortunately
                                WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X