No announcement yet.

Let's lose a bit of weight.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weigh in this morning - 3lbs off, I'm thrilled, thanks for your encouragement it's a real help knowing others are trying to shift the pounds
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• That's brilliant Flo! Well done, I know it isn't easy and 3lbs... wow that's a lot, really well done
      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• I'm not feeling so good today, very light headed, so I've been putting recipes into My Fitness Pal to see what they come to. I've put in my beetroot chutney recipe, but I don't know how much it will make yet, so can't calculate how many cals per 10g.
        Son no2 makes really good mincemeat pies for x**** . The mincemeat is my own fatless recipe and comes in at 44 cals per 20g, probably about right for a pie, but the sweet pastry (which is more like shortbread) is 180 cals if he manages to get 18 pies from the recipe, which if I remember rightly, he doesn't usually. I don't think I'll be having too many of those when he makes them

Tomorrow is my birthday, and we usually have an Indian takeaway. I have decided on a chicken kebab with loads of salad instead, and no birthday cake. Wine and a glass of very good cognac will feature though. We visited the Remy Martin distillary on the drive back from Spain in the summer, and spent way too much on cognac.
        When I started using my fitness pal I set myself a target weight for my birthday. I think I'll be 2-3 lb below, I'll be weighing tomorrow morning and logging it.
        Last edited by BarleySugar; 23-10-2012, 11:11 AM.
        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I've been feeling light-headed too so I've upped my calories to the 1200 + exercise total. Even if I go to 1500/1800 it doesn't matter - its still less than I was eating because I've cut out the crisps and chocolate.
          Congrats on your Birthday present weight loss

Comment

• I've been eating what I fancy, and exercising accordingly. If I'm hungry and light headed like I was yesterday, and fell off the wagon with a trip to the chippie for tea.

I got back on it again with hitting the bike last night, I'm really liking my fitness pal as it helps me monitor everyday so that I don't get to the end of the week and wonder how did that happen on the scales.

Well done FF, thats 10,500 extra calories burnt last week...., that's a frightening thought isn't it. To lose 1lb of fat you have to burn 3500 calories, or alternatively eat 500 calories less a day.
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• I seem to have lost my last post
              Was just saying that I wasn't sure it was 'lack of food' causing the lightheadedness. On Sunday I had bad chest pains in the left side, sharp enough to stop me being able to talk, and my blood pressure when I checked was 140/100 ish, a bit higher than normal for me. OH wanted to take me to A&E but my arm and neck didn't hurt, I wasn't grey and clammy and as the last time my GP sent me in with chest pain I got stuck there for 4 days, I decided to just take it easy at home. In the end I went private for tests and was told I didn't have heart trouble, it was probably a virus affecting the chest cavity.
              Yesterday bp was better 105/75, and same today. No pains either. I'm not doing too much today, the beetroot chutney can be made another day and the housework will keep.
              I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!

Comment

• As a disclaimer they always recommend visiting the GP before going on a weight loss programme. I'm not sure my GP would know who I was, its a couple of years since he last saw me.

Comment

• To be honest, waiting to get a non-urgent appointment at our surgery, I'd probably not have got started until after Christmas!

Comment

• I've never liked phoning ours, I'm sure the receptionists would rather diagnose you before giving you an appointment.

Comment

• Morning, sorry, I told you I'd be a bit lacksadaisical (is that really a word?). Just been so busy at work, I will find time today to catch up. Sorry to hear you've not been well BS, do be careful. I've got to have a good look on MFP for how to record exercise. At the moment it doesn't look like I do any day to day and I do, honest, albeit only light in the form of walking about and stair climbing. I made no calorie soup for my lunches at work this week - you should hear the noise my stomach makes in the evening, it's like faulty pipework.
                      Last edited by Florence Fennel; 25-10-2012, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• I did cave in to pressure and go see the doctor. He just said be careful not to fall over, don't drive, and hopefully everything will be OK within 6 weeks! As much help as a chocolate teapot. Oh and if I start being sick go to A&E, not sure why on that one.
                        Yesterday went well diet wise, only 200 cals over, which for birthday meal, a glass of wine and a small cognac (head swimmy anyway, so I decided to have a little alcohol to at least give me a reason for feeling that way) seemed pretty good to me. Roll on Christmas!

Comment

• Last time I had a swimmy head (at one point after heavy gardening, I did faint) it was lack of fat in my diet. I started low carbing without realising that I needed to get my energy from eating extra fat and I wasn't eating any extra fat.

So I started eating more cheese, dairy etc. Whipped cream in hot chocolate, on brandy coffee etc etc. It was awful, but I managed it. I was even using dripping and frying everything. I had a terrible time.......but worth it for two stones lost.
                          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Good Morning and welcome to the Happy Friday Bacon Sandwich Challenge. Hope I can keep the Faith again today!

Comment

• Noooooooo you said bacon sandwich - I didn't want one until you said it!

la la la, I can't hear you
                              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• Bacon Sandwich! A Bacon Sandwich - Yuk!!!!!!!!!! No challenge for me there - but don't mention Peanut Butter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X