No announcement yet.

Let's lose a bit of weight.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Said no again, yay. Had a M&S yoghurt and a few grapes at 7.15, starving now. I'm not going to mention any more bacon sarnies, or peanut butter on a thick doorstep of white bread, it would be too cruel and I've just slavered down my blouse.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• oooooohh fried bread......I can eat that, it's good for me. Has to be Burgen bread though, which isn't quite the same. We quite often have strangled eggs & bacon for breakfast - can't eat the bread of a bacon sarnie (I can't, he can) as it's too many carbs, but frying it in dripping lowers the GI.

I think we're having Chicken Korma for supper with cauliflower rice. I think. Not sure yet.
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• If I didn' know better I'd say you were on the Atkins diet Jules.

FF, you are very mean, I've had my porridge and plum, and now you've made me eat my orange and apple to stop the dribbling.
        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• I've never studied the Atkins diet, but it is low carbing. I can cheat now and again, but the BH can't - low carb is the way to go for Type 2 Diabetics. He isn't on any diabetes medication, he's just diet controlled. We're saving medication for the future when he may need it more.

The BH still has some weight to lose, maybe a stone or just under, but I'm stabilising mine now. I have discovered that I don't tolerate grains, cereals or bread very well any more, which is a bit of a pain but it does stop snacking, so I won't go back to eating those.

At the moment, reading is my downfall - I just want to snack constantly whilst I'm reading. I think I'll have to go back to knitting....
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• I had a can of WW tomato soup for lunch and then ruined it with two slices of bread! Chicken chow mein I think tonight - I can eat half and save half for one of the GGs tomorrow - I've taken the precaution of telling her too, so I've got to do it. I was about to record my food on MFP, but realised I had an M&S yoghurt and the rest are in the fridge at work, so I don't know the calorific value. I'll have to record it as a fat free Muller or something. I know, I'm waffling, it's the hunger - see? Waffle. Birds Eye waffle with cheese and beans. I'm certainly making you eat your 5-a-day Mikey
            Last edited by Florence Fennel; 26-10-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Cooked myself something tonight that was so delicious I'll make it again! When I invented the recipe I thought it would feed 2 but the calories were so low I could eat the lot without a conscience.
              It was just a can of anchovies drained but using the oil to roast some parboiled potatoes, a leek, couple of tomatoes and a big clove of garlic, then laying the anchovies over the veg and crisping it up in the oven. May have it again tomorrow..........

Comment

• I finally gave up trying to remember where I'd seen my tape measure, so bit the bullet and measured with the extending steel thingy. Cold or what . I've lost 2 inches from waist and hips (but I'm still very apple shaped as they are both the same). DD hates the fact she is definitely pear shaped and envies my legs and arms, but they look way out of proportion to the rest of me.
                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• You'll soon be in proportion BS. I had to use the metal tape last Wednesday and then coincidentally a rep came into work and gave me - you guessed it - a tape measure. How weird is that? I didn't like the figures so I've lost all the measuring devices and will judge by my clothes. I've lost another 4lbs which is fabulous, but I think I was so busy last week and over the weekend that I ate a lot less and burned off the calories I did take in. I'm sure the weight loss will slow down a bit now, so must concentrate. Off to investigate how many calories in pumpkin soup. Happy Halloween.

Comment

• I have not dared to weigh myself for a week or three. Whilst I have been at home (not working) the weight has crept on and I know I am heading back up towards 9 and half stone (I like being 8st 9 or less ... I should really be 8 stone 6 but only managed that a few years ago when I first fell in luurrvve). Anyway I start back to work on 5th November so that is D Day for me. I will post when I have figures - I mean I have a figure, it's just not the one that I want! And I am not going to buy bigger clothes. Reading all the postings has helped though. Keep up the good work folks.

Comment

• I stayed the same weight wise this week, but losing 11lb in 30 days, I'm not stressing about it as I know I've kept to my calorie allowance.The main difference is lack of exercise though, walking around Lakeland at Bluewater and only being able to look at stuff at eye level was really frustrating. No gardening , housework or walking very far. Going downstairs isn't much fun either.

I'm pretty sure, having done the self-diagnosis online as the GP didn't come up with anything, that it is vertigo caused by an ear problem. If I lay down left side I don't get a 'spinning bed', if I lay down on my right side it tilts and turns most alarmingly. Also looking up or down too quickly, bending down or sitting down causes similar symptoms. If it isn't showing signs of improving by Friday I going back, as I don't fancy flying out to Spain the way I'm feeling.
                      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I've just had my 3rd weekly Veg box delivery. Its supposed to be enough for 3-5 people - but I seem to eat nearly all of it each week I lurve my veggies

Comment

• Lost the plot yesterday, first time in three weeks. Lamb Biryani and nan followed by a Magnum. Will try to visit MFP today - at the moment I don't feel any lighter or lovelier for that matter.

Comment

• I lost it yesterday too, Flo! Then decided I may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb............. Back on track today (fingers crossed)!

Comment

• I have been in Florida for a week and I think I'm going to have to start again from scratch I have been at a family wedding and our family is one of those With a lot of VERY big people in it. I dont think Americans (well, our family, at least) have the word small in their vocabulary!
                              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• I've put 2lbs back on Must get back on recording my food on MFP, it really does help to keep you on track. I am gutted, but hope it will spur me on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X