No announcement yet.

Let's lose a bit of weight.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed to keep it up, so I'm hoping that by Thursday I can risk getting weighed. I certainly feel a bit lighter. Keep going Hazel, you're doing really well and you're helping me
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
      This is a big deal for me - I can't tell you how much I am NOT a natural runner!
      Good for you! Humans are designed to be runners, it's just some of us have morphed a bit into more of a horizontal position

Mr TS isn't a natural cyclist (he's 18 stone): and tbh, he hates commuting or pootering around the countryside like I do. He just likes bombing from A to B as quickly as possible. Not my idea of fun, but he's liking it.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Good-o - well done Flo! Hope the scales match your expectations!

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          ... Humans are designed to be runners, ...
          Sorry, Hon, but I have to disagree with you there! Some of us have only ever mastered a 'duck-like' waddle!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Sorry, Hon, but I have to disagree with you there! Some of us have only ever mastered a 'duck-like' waddle!
            Oi! Stop watching me run!!

Comment

• Week 6, Day 1

Breakfast: bran flakes
              Lunch: roasted tomato soup
              Dinner: skinny cottage pie & veg

Extras: cups of tea throughout the day, 1pt beer, 1 glass wine, small slice of rum cake, 2 x biscuits

Exercise: none

Comment

• Risked it this morning and am pleased to say I've lost just over 2 lbs since Friday. Wow, it doesn't sound much, but now I know it's working I may be able to stick with it
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                  Risked it this morning and am pleased to say I've lost just over 2 lbs since Friday. Wow, it doesn't sound much, but now I know it's working I may be able to stick with it
                  Ta da! Well done, Flo!

There's nothing like a bit of encouragement on the scales front to stiffen the resolve!

Comment

Ran 21.5 km last week (13 miles) - will be increasing to 28.5km per wk (17 miles) by June. Am hoping not to embarrass myself too much in the Fun Run! It's 13.5km, but has some right nasty old hills in there. I am not good at hills!
                    Fortunately we live in the Staffordshire Moorlands about 1/3rd the way up a 150metre high hill so running up and down hills is a regular occurrence..

I try to run up and over Congleton Edge once a week - the hard way via styals and paths. It's good for my lungs.. wheeze wheeze...

Comment

• Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
                      Fortunately we live in the Staffordshire Moorlands about 1/3rd the way up a 150metre high hill so running up and down hills is a regular occurrence..

I try to run up and over Congleton Edge once a week - the hard way via styals and paths. It's good for my lungs.. wheeze wheeze...
                      Think my legs would drop off with all those hills! I went to the Kilnsey Show once and watched some of the 'crag racing' (find a massive mountain, run up it, run down it again) - enough to put you off for life!

With the Fun Run, I've looked at the course map, and it's a bit worrying that there is a section marked 'cardiac hill', so I think I'm going to have to practice some inclines or I might expire!

Comment

• Week 6, Day 2

Breakfast: poached egg, 1 x bread
                        Lunch: 1 bacon, 1 toast, spag hoops
                        Dinner: Delia's oven roasted fish with potatoes & pesto, salad

Extras: cups of tea throughout the day, 1 glass wine, half slice jamaican sweet pot pudding, 1 x biscuits

Exercise: run 5km, toning exercises per Rosemary Conley, 100 x hula hoops

Comment

Think my legs would drop off with all those hills! I went to the Kilnsey Show once and watched some of the 'crag racing' (find a massive mountain, run up it, run down it again) - enough to put you off for life!

With the Fun Run, I've looked at the course map, and it's a bit worrying that there is a section marked 'cardiac hill', so I think I'm going to have to practice some inclines or I might expire!
                          Running up hills comes with practise.(painful!)

I pulled a hamstring very badly last March and did not run for 6 months. When I started again it was jog 100 metres/walk 300 for week 1 and slowly build up. After 3 months I ran Congleton Edge for the first time since injury and my legs and lungs hurt. Now they do not.

But I do note with age I cannot run it as fast as I did 20 years ago and only run alternate days to let my body recover..

But like all exercise, age is not a reason to give up. I hope to run well into my 70s..:-) (not there yet!)
                          Last edited by Madasafish; 04-04-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
                            Running up hills comes with practise.(painful!)
                            My 5km 'weekday' route is fairly flat, but the weekend run through the park at increasing distances is whatever it is, hills or not.

Given my extremely amateur status at running, I was dead chuffed to break my 12min mile goal the other day. Ultimate aim is a 10min mile as that is was a couple of guys I know do when they go out for a casual run, but think that is maybe rather ambitious for me!

Comment

• Week 6, Day 3

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix
                              Lunch: 1 bacon, 1 toast, spag hoops
                              Dinner: skinny bolognase & spaghetti

Extras: cups of tea throughout the day, slice jamaican sweet pot pudding, 2 x biscuits, 1 1/2 pts bitter

Exercise: none

Comment

• Week 6, Day 4

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix, big handful of grapes
                                Lunch: poached egg, 1 x bread toast
                                Dinner: waitrose skinny bangers & mash

Extras: cups of tea throughout the day, 1 x sandwich triangle, 1 x biscuit, 1 x wine

Exercise: run 5km, toning exercises per Rosemary Conley, 125 x hula hoops

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X