Volcanic Ash Cloud

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it here yet........
    does oh have to get the washing in........
    this will be a battle from the heart
    cymru am byth

Comment

I just love it (imagine a Kevin Keegan style rant here) when Ma Naitch helps me out.
      Deepest sympathies to all those who desperately need to travel, but I am so happy.
      Last edited by bobleponge; 15-04-2010, 04:06 PM. Reason: Love in??? Far too old
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Text message received today went as follows....

"Dear Iceland
        we said 'send cash'"

made me chuckle...
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Aunt has been told by Thomas Cook it will be Saturday at the earliest

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
            Text message received today went as follows....

"Dear Iceland
            we said 'send cash'"

made me chuckle...
            That made me chuckle too RT. Nice one
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

BBC weather report says winds to stay in current pattern for at least 36 hrs!

Been thinking though, if the last major eruption went on for 2 years, it'll cripple the airline industry!

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

I think it will depend on the direction the plume is carried, RT. That will vary with the direction of the stratospheric winds, surely. Those switch with the seasons and the gulf stream, don't they?
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Yes they do, however if enough gets pushed south, when the winds change, that which is south of us will come back over, not wanting to sound pessimistic, but possible. No point in fretting until far more time has elapsed

Comment

what goes up, must come down...... its just a case of where!!!

Comment

Dust and smells have been detected in the Northern Isles. We are currently liaising with Health Protection Scotland and the Health Protection Agency in England. Dust has been collected at Lerwick and is currently being analysed by Scottish Environment Protection Agency.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporat...0/volcano.html

Comment

Hmm...inhaling powdered glass...can't see that being healthy!

Did anyone have a colourful sunset? Ours was cloudy..but will look out for it again at sunrise. (Camera at the ready!)

( I can't get that link to work veggielover)
                        Last edited by Nicos; 15-04-2010, 08:40 PM.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

had a colourful sun setting, it was red/orange, I didn't see the sunset though

Comment

When walking about the country side yesterday i thought it is like Chrismas day only a bit warmer .
                            No traffic noise from M6 Wind in wrong direction and furthermore no aeroplanes taking off or landing at Birmingham airport not good for travellers but good for the surroundings. Marley towers overlooks the airport about 5 miles away .
                            If you are going anywhere the planes are grounded until 1am tomorow morning 17.04.10 so another day of peace....jacob
                            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I live near Stanstead Airport JM and I must be honest, it is lovely and peaceful

Comment

I am very close to Liverpool Airport. While I was digging my plot yesterday afternoon, I saw 3 aircraft going over. 2 were small private type planes but one was quite big, possibly the post plane? So not all aircraft are grounded, just passenger planes I imagine. I suppose the small planes don't get high enough to be affected.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X