No announcement yet.

Volcanic Ash Cloud

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the map to see if you are getting any ash in your area.

Met Office: Icelandic volcano - latest updates
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I was just about to move these two posts thinking you'd get yer wires crossed.

D'oh!

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      pronunciation.......go on see who you can impress!!

"EY-ya-fyat-lah-YOH-kuht

The “EY” rhymes with the word “bay.” The “k” is softer than an English “k,” almost like a hard “g.” And the “t” at the end kind of sticks for a second and pulls away with a hint of a glottal “l.”

EY-ya-fyat-lah-YOH-kuht

Say it soft and it’s almost like, “Hey, ya fergot La Yogurt.”
      Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
      Whilst I originally loved the yoghurt(yogurt?) volcano, its now becoming unamusing.
      My back to back is supposed to be in pretty soon, but its looking increasingly unlikely. I'm only supposed to do 4 weeks, I'm almost at 7 already, and starting to sulk.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
        Beware if you are driving through Warwickshire and West Midlands they grounded the air Ambulance yesterday!!! why only they know so until the aeroplanes get flying again be carefull driving through this neck of the woods for the next few hours...jacob
        Helichopters have been working this weekend thankfully. Our local one has anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
          Check out the map to see if you are getting any ash in your area.

Met Office: Icelandic volcano - latest updates
          Its over me, well I completely hadnt thought about it. Well I hadnt noticed anything and I dont have to travel in/out of the country so Im not worried.
          http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

The yanks are starting to panic now the cloud is now heading for the north east coast of the good old USA .
            Oh dear what a shame ..jacob
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I read today that our injured boys in Afghanistan are having to be hospitalised in the US. If they cannot be treated there I just wonder where next.

Comment

My Aunt managed to fly in on Tuesday night, and thankfully the summer job that she was going for still wanted her and it also looks like she may get her money back on the train ticket she had bought in advance.
                Happybunny's school had seven teachers missing in monday, six on tuesday by today only one as far as she knows.

Comment

I went to use the water butt last week and it stank of eggs. Its not in sunlight and has a lid on it so couldn't work out what had happened. Just emptied it and cleaned it up.

Went to get the car washed today and remembered all about the ash cloud as the car was covered in a film of dust, the butt gets filled from the shed roof, do you think this might be where the smell came from?

The smell was a bit like stink bombs that kids let off, will it do any harm to any plants or a lawn?

P

Comment

My 6 yr old is gutted that the ash cloud has gone away.

She hates the sound of the new eurofighters coming overhead, as, unlike the older tornado there isn't a gradual if loud build up of sound, as the jets approach. No the first you know that one is coming is when it's almost directly above you and, by god, the sound those things make!!!!!!

One flew over the village the other day so low that you actually could see the pilot . We often have 2 or 3 pairs a day and as late as 11pm!!! They scare her to death, poor lamb.

Now when Yoghurt started to spout ash and the passenger planes were grounded it was very peaceful and it was even better when we realised that the Eurofighter was grounded as well, not to mention the hugely terrifying military troop carrying helicopters that seem to take great delight at flying at hedge height and scaring the bejeebers out of motorists, especially if you're just about to cross the railway crossing and a pair of them appear, hedge height in your peripheral vision making you think the barriers have failed and a train's coming .

It also remained relatively peaceful after Willi Walsh, driven, you understand, by a need to help his stranded passengers and NOT by profit at all , got the passenger planes flying again but the powers that be decided to keep the jets on the ground. Bliss pure bliss.

This evening as another 2 jets popped by to say hello, she muttered "I wish that volcano would errupt again!"

Reet
                    x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X