Creative or Crafty? Care to Share?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by taff View Post
    I feel your pain, I gave sanding and waxing an old 40's wadrobe a go, I gave up halfway because it was so much work.

COngratulations
    p.s. it looks good too
    Hmmmm, 40's wardrobe ya say, still got it?

Just kidding.

It was a freecycle 'win' so not too much cash spent and needed something to distract me. Perfect really, just surprised it didn't turn into a French antique along the way

Comment

• Wow Lizzie, that's excellent. I love anything like that.

I've got a similar style cupboard on the landing with my bedlinen in it (no airing cupboard) it was left in the house and was here when we moved in. It was painted white but has discoloured over time. I ought to have a go at renovating it.

I'm making applique coffee cosies at present for The Little Cupcake Company (quick plug, if that's ok) It was a short notice order but very welcome.

Got my last three to finish today, then hopefully I can finish some other things I've just let hang to do this order in time for our two-day fair this weekend.

Jules
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• I make duct tape wallets and parachord bracelets,key chains and dog collars for friends and family.Its more that I enjoy making them than they actually want them but they do turn out good though

Comment

• Photos please ladies, very interested to see both projects.

Comment

• great wardrobes lizzy! my job is buying and selling antiques and vintage which i sell at an antiques centre, so i am forever sanding, stripping, painting, or staining and waxing, and small repairs. ussually i love it, as i love to rescue things. ( sometimes i get fed up, and wish i had the funds to buy top quality serious antiques, that need nothing doing to them! ) i also upholster- taught my my brother, who got fed up of me asking him to do things for me!! i used to sew all of my own clothes, except for jeans, and still make summer tops, after a gap for a few years. i have also made rugs and parts of webbing harness for horses. and i used to have my own dressmaking business, doing evening wear and bridal. worked in theatre for a few years too. i have worked for a sculptor, and have also done some of my own, but not recently. and i used to paint in watercolours, acryllics, and oils too- mainly dogs and horses. i also have a big dolls house which i partly made, and every so often i make some furnishings for it ( ussually when i am confined to home through weather or illness!) i've done a spell of embrodiery and wool tapestry work too. also i have built a lean to stable which is still standing after 10 years ( !!!) and several chicken houses- the first which i built in my sitting room, and then found when finished, that i had put the timbers together the wrong way, and i couldn't get it out if the door- it had to come apart again. so all in all , i am fairly creative and artistic, but not the most practical minded person in the world!

Comment

• This is what I do in my spare time
              it's made from thousands of bits of glass cut and then shaped to fit together
              then the edges are wrapped in copper foil tape then soldered together
              then put inside a double glazed unit
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by green thing View Post
                This is what I do in my spare time
                That is absolutely beautiful. I wanted something like that for our landing window but couldn't afford it as the window is huge.

Jules
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• wow - really beautiful. You and Jules put us novices to shame

Comment

• Originally posted by green thing View Post
                    This is what I do in my spare time
                    That is beautiful. When we build our straw-bale house, I want one of those!
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• thanks guys
                      I would like to do this full time but there is not much call for this type of work anymore
                      I wanted something like that for our landing window but couldn't afford it as the window is huge.
                      some like this 10ftx5ft landing window
                      http://u1.ipernity.com/8/88/14/3078814.c9298b04.240.jpg
                      Originally Posted by Glutton
                      When we build our straw-bale house, I want one of those!
                      when you have finished your straw house get in touch
                      I will be more than happy to do you one
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I should have been filling out (more) job applications today but am loosing the will to live so made a patchwork bed set instead for the dort.

Much more rewarding!!!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by lizzylemon; 03-08-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Urm...was it something edible Lizzy????
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• oh- OK - I was too quick there- I thought you'd made some biccies- then eaten them!!!

Flipping heck- you've just made those???- it'd take me WEEKS to make them- and then they'd look rubbish!
                            Last edited by Nicos; 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              oh- OK - I was too quick there- I thought you'd made some biccies- then eaten them!!!
                              LOL that's what normally happens with the banana cake I make. I don't even bother worrying how it will look when it's baked these days 'cos it lasts just long enough not burn fingers on the cooling rack (quicker if there's vanilla icecream in the freezer)

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Flipping heck- you've just made those???- it'd take me WEEKS to make them- and then they'd look rubbish!
                              Well I should have started the applications yesterday but really not in the mood to try and sell myself at moment. I think it's taken about 8 hours in total - they were 4" squares originally. I love my daughter

Comment

• Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                Well, I can't say that I am crafty, but I am trying. Mr BP popped the question on 1st Jan (WWOOO HOOOO!!), so I am in the process of organising a wedding. The cost of anything wedding related is just silly, so I'm trying to make a few bits, both to save on cost and to add a little personal touch to the proceedings.
                                So far I have cut out 90 (yes 90!!) small popcorn type boxes for our sweetie table (we are having this rather than puddings in the evening).
                                I'm also just painting some large free standing letters which spell "Sweet Love" for the said table.
                                I've got a number of other bits on the to do list, including favour boxes for the girls (I've brought a job lot of minature glass perfume bottles back from our last trip from Egypt), favour wallets for the boys, Order of Service, table plan, place cards etc.
                                I'm not too sure whether I am brave enough to try the invites though!!
                                Feeling a little overwhelmed by the thought of it all at the mo, I must confess!
                                I just saw this thread and thought I'd pass this on - a few weeks ago I was at a wedding. Instead of expensive place-name cards, they had tiny cards made of heavy paper cut with scalloped edges - each one had the name of the person hand written with underneath the meaning of that person's name. These were done by the bride and groom, but family members could be called in to help. It was unusual and really personal. Guests loved this touch.

I just realized this thread has been going for some months - not sure when the wedding is, or if it's already happened ! - Anyway, every good wish for happiness.
                                Last edited by maytreefrannie; 10-08-2010, 08:38 AM. Reason: Spelling/grammar corrections
                                My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X