No announcement yet.

Creative or Crafty? Care to Share?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are beautiful Flum. I've just taken up quilting but at the moment the garden is taking up all my time and I might be lynched if I say roll on winter!
    Last edited by scarey55; 07-05-2011, 09:32 AM. Reason: They, there - not these here. Bad grammar!
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

• What a splendid dragon scarey! Beautiful colours!
      Flummery, those quilts look fantastic, what a lovely gift for the wedding couple

Such talented people on here!!

Comment

• Thanks - meant to say how much I liked Shirley's wedding veil. (Been frantically trying to finish the wedding quilt!) As a fellow knitter I can see how much work has gone into that!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Those quilts are lovely - you is a clever Auntie Flum!

Are they all hand stitched, or do you use a machine?
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            Thanks - meant to say how much I liked Shirley's wedding veil. (Been frantically trying to finish the wedding quilt!) As a fellow knitter I can see how much work has gone into that!
            Thanks Flummery. It would have been nice to have had more time to enjoy knitting it - 8 days of nothing but knitting!

I love your quilts but just don't get on with sewing enough to try that.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
              Those quilts are lovely - you is a clever Auntie Flum!

Are they all hand stitched, or do you use a machine?
              Machine made G4. I used to make them all by hand - including the quilting and up to double bed sized. But now it's a case of so much fabric, so little time!

Comment

• beautiful quilts, can I be nosey what is on the other side
                Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

• They have a single fabric backing. The dark one has a print that looks like seed packets and flowers in fairly dark greeny/sludgy colours and the gold one has a sort of teddy bear brown farbic.

Comment

• Shirl, such fantastic work, you are truly gifted. i have just started to learn crochet in the past three months. i can't imagine ever being able to do such fantastic work. Well done to you.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                      Shirl, such fantastic work, you are truly gifted. i have just started to learn crochet in the past three months. i can't imagine ever being able to do such fantastic work. Well done to you.
                      Thank you bramble (long time no see). This was knitted - would have probably been a lot faster (and easier) in crochet - if I could follow patterns!
                      Happy Gardening,
                      Shirley

Comment

• WOW,there are some proper talents on show in this thread,well done one & all.
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Hope you don't mind me reviving this old thread but I've just made this and I was so pleased I thought you might like to see it. The photos don't do it justice and I really should sack the hand model
                          Attached Files

Comment

• My newest commission is a 54 metre string of bunting in lime greens. Just put together this colour wheel of fabrics to give the client some idea of the fabrics I currently have, and to show how random designs put together can look better than, say, three fabric designs repeated alternately. This is for their holiday house.

What do you think?

Jules

Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Wow, that's brilliant! beautiful colours

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X