Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail arrived at lunchtime and went on to Co-op.

Latest is though Colin has sent a message through that the Mail might not publish as Colin's nephew is worried about getting into trouble if his name was to be printed.

Apparently Colin's Mum and Dad were there too and I don't think he was trying to buy alcohol.
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      Good job you didnt phone the Guardian, the liberal hand wringers there would have just said "so".

Its a discrace really, but unfortunately his uniform is something large swathes of the chattering classes dont want to see.
      Eh up chuck - I read the Gridiron.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Me too Flum,
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Garbidon readers here too... but some of us have to be alright surely . Plus, we're needed to balance out the effects of the Daily Pail
          Last edited by Rhona; 06-02-2010, 07:26 PM.
          I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I am a Grunyad reader too, they do see both sides of the story.
            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Me too - Flum, Jeanied, Rhona , Miffy.

Solidarnosc !
              http://www.greenlung.blogspot.com
              http://www.myspace.com/rolandfrompoland

Comment

uummm... why do you all pronounce/spell it differently.. showing my ignorance now. Or is it an 'in' joke

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

It is because the Grauniad is renowned for its typographical errors!
                  That and some of us enjoy the cryptic crosswords - specially the anagrams!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I'm perhaps being dense (wouldn't be the first time!) but is there actually a specified reason why your nephew (clearly a fine and upstanding young man who we can all be proud of) wasn't served?

I am indeed a Grauniad reading liberal hand wringer... but surely none of us, whatever our persuasion, should be heading to the barricades without the full facts?
                    I was feeling part of the scenery
                    I walked right out of the machinery
                    My heart going boom boom boom
                    "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                    I've come to take you home."

Comment

The whole thing is disgraceful.
                      Paul was in the RAF for 11 years and never suffered from such insulting attitudes, only the highest respect when out.

Comment

My husband and my brother are both ex service men and when they were in the forces it was when all the trouble was happening in Northern Ireland and they were asked for their own safety not to wear their uniforms when on leave or off duty. However i remember my brother attending my grandad's funeral in his uniform and people who he didn't know kept coming up and shaking his hand and thanking him for the job his regiment where doing in Ireland. This was during the time of the Falklands too.
                        Whether you are pro or anti war, agree or disagree with foreign policy i feel that young men who have the conviction and courage to join the forces deserve our respect as they are prepared to stand up for what they believe in.
                        To treat them with such contempt is very insulting and their would be a national outcry if it was due to his religious dress he was denied service at this store.
                        It is very sad.
                        When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Hear hear Miffy...

Anyway, it's not in today's smail. Will try to find out latest.

My friend in the USAF has just been drafted back to Arizona from being over here for 12 years. Apparently he gets so much respect over there and loads of thanks from people to the point he says "it's getting on his nerves".

He's totally livid and said if he was still here he'd go there in full uniform and give them merry hell - he's 6'8 and about 20 stone
                          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                            It is because the Grauniad is renowned for its typographical errors!
                            That and some of us enjoy the cryptic crosswords - specially the anagrams!

Ahhh Now I understand. Thanks J

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                              My husband and my brother are both ex service men and when they were in the forces it was when all the trouble was happening in Northern Ireland and they were asked for their own safety not to wear their uniforms when on leave or off duty. However i remember my brother attending my grandad's funeral in his uniform and people who he didn't know kept coming up and shaking his hand and thanking him for the job his regiment where doing in Ireland. This was during the time of the Falklands too.
                              Whether you are pro or anti war, agree or disagree with foreign policy i feel that young men who have the conviction and courage to join the forces deserve our respect as they are prepared to stand up for what they believe in.
                              To treat them with such contempt is very insulting and their would be a national outcry if it was due to his religious dress he was denied service at this store.
                              It is very sad.
                              I agree Miffy and Paul was in at the same time by the sound of it.

Comment

There are those who think that anyone who is willing to join the armed services must be willing to kill, and is therefore contemptible (I've seen exactly that opinion on mesage boards, my reaction is unprintable). There are those who see the British Armed Forces as being the enemy of those they identify with, and IMO such people don't belong in Britain.
                                Then there are people who simply misunderstand the rules of their job.
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X