This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANGRY - so I've 'leaked' to the Daily M**l

Mad as hell, My mate's nephew is 18 and because he had just ended his passing out parade popped into a mini c*-*p in Brookmans Park in his army uniform and because he was in army uniform was refused service. My friend is doing his nut so I've just spoken to the newsdesk and maybe they'll do something about it
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

what's a mini c**p ?
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hayley I always thought that the c**p were a bit more ethical than that! Let's hope they are ashamed of themselves - did you contact the management before alerting the daily wail?
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Oh, do you mean the Co-op (it was the small "c" that caught me out).

In Hatfield? phone number 01707 658629
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

No but I told my friend to expect their call, I hope the newshounds bite their heads off....

TS - Co then op...
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

Apparently it was Brookmans Park, I think a sub shop..
            Hayley B

Comment

Well I'm HORIFIED to say the least, I've been a member of the Co-op for years and have always thought like Jeanied that they had good ethics, pouring Millions in to third world projects and so forth but this....

...How utterly DISGUSTED I am of them, to turn a young man away, who's in the Queen's uniform is below contempt.
              After seeing what these young men and women are doing for our country, and the ultimate price some pay, the Co-op should be ASHAMED.
              I hope you got the name of the person who turned him away?
              A severe reprimand should be dealt out at the very least.

I hope the papers crucify them.

Comment

What was the logic of refusing him? I don't get it.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Sorry Flum but I think I can guess.....

My mate Colin has only told me the basics but I think I know where he is coming from, he's working in South Africa for a couple of weeks I've given the Mail his mobile for further details.
                  Hayley B

Comment

Sorry Hayley - I don't understand why? Are people in uniform not allowed in shops in Cambridgeshire?

Comment

Brookmans Park is near Potters Bar in Hertfordshire not far from Luton if you get my drift. I'm not racist but this whole issue is seriously getting under my skin.....
                      Hayley B

Comment

narrow minded &*&&&*&*(^&%$^%$^%^&%$^%$^$%^$^%^%$^
                        fill with appropriate string of expletives!
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Absolutely disgraceful
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Oh dear I was right Colin says "Needless to say, the person behind the counter was 'not local' but happy to take advantage of our freedoms"
                            Hayley B

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                              Mad as hell, My mate's nephew is 18 and because he had just ended his passing out parade popped into a mini c*-*p in Brookmans Park in his army uniform and because he was in army uniform was refused service. My friend is doing his nut so I've just spoken to the newsdesk and maybe they'll do something about it
                              Good job you didnt phone the Guardian, the liberal hand wringers there would have just said "so".

Its a discrace really, but unfortunately his uniform is something large swathes of the chattering classes dont want to see.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X