Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    - tea-towels are ironed and stack with the fold alternating
    Yes, otherwise they don't fit in the drawer. If they're not alternated, the pile falls over

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    - clothes will always hang in the wardrobe based on the colours of the rainbow
    Oh yes, that's just sensible as well as aesthetically pleasing. Can I top you? I only buy clothes in "my" colours (autumnal ish). I would never be tempted by, say, a cheery orange scarf. It just wouldn't go.

- newspapers
    stacked for reuse as guinea pig bedding, or paper pots, then as compost

- garden pots are washed after use and size-graded
    Yes, otherwise they don't fit in the shed.

My other OCD thing is the curtains have to be opened exactly the same distance from the frame, ie symmetrical when seen from outside. Otherwise the neighbours would think I was drunk when I'd opened them. If, when I leave the house, I see they aren't symmetrical, I have to go back in and correct them

(ha, gotcha. Only kidding).
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      ....the curtains have to be opened exactly the same distance from the frame
      yep, same as
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

• You two have got to meet my friend Hazel, she does all this stuff too. On second thoughts maybe not you lot would never make it out
        Ah well nowt as strange as folk. MrH would love me to have a bit of this lark going on, I'm sure
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• Originally posted by FionaH View Post
          You two have got to meet my friend Hazel, she does all this stuff too.
          I feel that I need to point out that this is not me. At all.

Comment

• Can't we just get back to parsnips......
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              I feel that I need to point out that this is not me. At all.
              ROFL no, diferent girlie altogether
              Off to sit in a patch of untidiness with Zazen I think, wanna come Hazel?
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I'm making pie, if that helps you decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                  I have to assume that visitors would lock the door, everyone who knows me (and comes here) know's it's a house rule They are used to me
                  You'd get a shock at our house, if it's only me and OH in then I don't even properly shut the door when I'm in there, just pull it too for privacy Not entirely sure that the lock works.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    I'm making pie, if that helps you decide.
                    *sound of door slamming & car engine starting up.

Comment

• *puts kettle on.

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                        *puts kettle on.
                        Can I come too....
                        Poor RT must have been SOOO uncomfortable when he came to ours. Realised afterwards he was opposite a wonky picture frame and surrounded by piles of stuff
                        We do keep the cutlery in the drawer.....as for the rest, well there's always good intentions we just never seems to quite get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Incy View Post
                          Can I come too....
                          Course you can chuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
                            You'd get a shock at our house, if it's only me and OH in then I don't even properly shut the door when I'm in there, just pull it too for privacy Not entirely sure that the lock works.
                            Same here Except I'm totally sure that our lock doesn't work, because I removed it when the kids were little to stop them from locking themselves in In our house bathroom door shut = occupied, at all others times it is wide open.
                            As to the rest: Iron? What's that then?; Tea towels - folded-ish from dryer & shoved in drawer; Cutlery, the drawer is in sections, but, most of it doesn't even match, never mind stack!;
                            Clutter = everywhere, tidyness & order = nowhere...

Comment

• Oh, and I think I might move this thread into chat, seeing as it doesn't seem to be about Parsnips any more...

Comment

• Tidy is an unachievable ideal!
                                Seriously, I would love a thoroughly tidy house, but I've got a lot of things I'd rather be doing!
                                The one place I TRY to keep tidy is the inside of certain cupboards, and that is a matter of space and stability. It's an uphill struggle though, because OH reckons it is 'tidy' if everything is in SOME cupboard and therefore out of sight.....
                                I do get tired of opening the door to the cookware cupboard and finding that the Pyrex-style casserole is perched on top of the plastic microwave saucepan, and about to fall out, or that the large mixing bowl is perched on top of the smaller ones, thus taking up 3 times as much space as it needs to (as well as being in danger of falling).
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X