Used to be about 'Stickies', now seems to be about OCD... :D

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pegs?? Argh!!!

They can be coloured and plastic, but I must have the exact same number of each colour. Also, pegs of the same colour can't be on the same item of clothing/towel/etc, neither can they be next to each other.

Ideally, green and yellow should be together and red and blue together.

See, Peg Rules. Simples.

Comment

• Is now the time to mention that if I walk up/down stairs I have to count them; and I have to do the same amount with each leg; which means if there is a break I have to do a double step in between so I don't do too many on each side.

And if I chew [or when I chew] I have to chew the same number of times on the right as on the left.

And I have to measure my food as I eat so that there is the same amount of each food type on the fork, so if I only had one sausage and loads of mash and carrots, I'd have to cut the sausage up into the number of forkfulls I need to eat to finish the meal off.
      Last edited by zazen999; 26-01-2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• resistance was futile
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

• You guessed right,Jeanied
          Zazen,I had the same with the stairs(even now I count them sometimes).I have a problem to say which side is left and which side is right so sometimes I have to turn my body to know which one is which-how the heck I managed to pass the driving test-I haven't got a clue.
          The other case of OCD is being cuckoo about the symmetry-I'm absolute rubbish at judging the distance-I remember moaning to my OH "they should be making the cars with the steering wheel in the middle"
          Can't remember the other examples but I suppose I got used to them

Comment

• And I have to be in EXACTLY the middle of a lane when driving. I'll check with the mirrors that there is the same amount of space on each side of the car to the white line.

And if I park more than 1 degree out, I'll get back in and straighten up and I have to be in the middle of a parking space.....any over and I have to move it. Doesn't often happen though...

I'm messy around the house though....I like stuff EVEN even if it is messy and even. An even mess, if you like.
            Last edited by zazen999; 26-01-2010, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• I used to be the same with the odd/even leg thing. If one foot steps on a slightly higher bit of pavement, or a different coloured bit of tarmac then the other one had to too, or I'd be all uneven. And cracks in the pavement too. Now I've got a bit of a limp, I'm constantly uneven, boohoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                Pegs?? Argh!!!

They can be coloured and plastic, but I must have the exact same number of each colour. Also, pegs of the same colour can't be on the same item of clothing/towel/etc, neither can they be next to each other.

Ideally, green and yellow should be together and red and blue together.

See, Peg Rules. Simples.
                Ooh no OWG, not in my house!! I get in sooo much trouble if I randomly select pegs from the pegbag. Mr PB has to have matching colour ones on each item hung up. I.E. a tshirt should have two red pegs, never a red and a yellow .

Comment

• There was a brilliant movie about the man with OCD,can't remember the name(with Helen Hunt and Jack Nicholson).

"As Good as It Gets"-that's the title
                  Last edited by coreopsis; 26-01-2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
                    There was a brilliant movie about the man with OCD,can't remember the name(with Helen Hunt and Jack Nicholson).
                    'As Good As It Gets', I think.

And I think that this thread proves that I am a normal and well balanced person - I have coloured plastic pegs and just use 'em as they come out the basket.

Normal, well balanced & messy, mind.

Comment

• Hazel,you are just the exception from the rule
                      As for pegs-I have wooden ones,some of them quite old...

Comment

• Now you mention the counting stairs thing, that reminds me that as a child I used to do that also.

I drive Mr. G mental, both heating controls in my car have to be on the same number, and it must be even not odd. The Radio and TV volume settings have to be on an even number too!

Pictures and Curtains MUST hang straight too!
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                          Ooh no OWG, not in my house!! I get in sooo much trouble if I randomly select pegs from the pegbag. Mr PB has to have matching colour ones on each item hung up. I.E. a tshirt should have two red pegs, never a red and a yellow .
                          You can never have a red and yellow together anyway!! Only yellow and green *sigh*

When will people understand......

Comment

• When I get in the car, I have to have the music starting a the start of a song, so when I park up I click to the next track before I turn the engine off; I can't be starting halfway through a song - no way jose. Wrong!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                              .... I have coloured plastic pegs and just use 'em as they come out the basket.

Normal, well balanced & messy, mind.
                              what does it say about me that I don't have any pegs?
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

• Too many bits to quote here.

Suffice to say you lot are frightening me, alot!!!
                                WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X