No announcement yet.

Are you a serial mover or a stayputter?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm a stay-putter at heart... as a child my parents moved to a new house just before I was born, moved when I was 11 and they still live in the second house...

I left to go to Uni in Southampton so lived with a landlady in her house for the first year, then in halls for years two and three...

met OH, lived in Reading for a year, then bought a house in Southampton, got married almost 11 years ago and since then moved to Sway, Highcliffe (briefly while MIL was ill), New Milton and now Barton-On-Sea which is definitely our final move.
    pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

I get itchy feet, usually like to do what I can to the place when when there is nothing left it's time to go again. Always bigger, but this time the house was smaller (extension about to start lol) but the garden is HUGE.

I spose it's because my parents didn't move and I wanted something more excitng!

Comment

Well, kinda an in-between person.

I moved home from the US when I was 8 months old, and across the road to a larger house (for the growing family!) when I was 6. Then I lived in 2 different appartments in the same complex while I was in college (so almost counts as 1), coming home at weekends and holidays.

I lived in a rented house when I was in my first post-college job (lasted 8 months), got a permenant job and moved in with my gran for a year and then moved in with DH (4 weeks before wedding - eek!!) into our own brand new house - he was only in it a couple of months on his own. We have moved house once since (we only lsated 2 1/2 years as it was a HORRIBLE commute) and extended rather than moving again last year (here almost 7 years now).

I don't see us moving our permenant base from this house in the near future, but we are quite likely to move to Brussels this year for my job, so we'll be renting somewhere there for 4 years, and then back home (maybe).

I don't mind moving once I have time to organise it - I've moved an uncle twice since we moved into our own house (he's a priest and subject to the Bishop making changes) and know what I'm about, so the concept of moving doesn't frighten me like it does a lot of my friends!! (And I have a lot of friends who have been abroad a few times, so the concept of shipping up and out for a few years is fine

Comment

2 in canada
          1 in wales
          2 in headcorn kent
          sissinghurst kent
          2 in isle of sheppey
          then left home
          12 different places in and around maidstone
          bought house in medway
          left there and lived in 3 other places in medway
          4 places in daventry [eugh]
          huntingdon
          northampton
          nottingham
          and now derby
          I think that's 32.

Wow.

I hate moving, really really hate it. Now I know why.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
            owg i used to live in out rawcliffe, so not far from you
            How weird is that! Half the time no-one has any idea where I live, so I have to explain!

I see you've managed to move to civilisation now!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X