Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
    Sooooo when the next one due?

On the bright side, moving is the perfect way to have a clearout!
    try as I may nothing
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
      try as I may nothing
      know the feeling.... ((((hugs))))
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

HAve moved since birth from Barking (2 homes) - Peterborough - Dagenham (2 places) - Eye(P'boro) - Abbots Ripton (nr Huntingdon) - Godmanchester - Haverhill (2nd house here)

Haverhill is where I have lived as a 'grown up' and if Steve hadn't had the bankruptcy we wouldn't have left the first house at all. All the moving about as a nipper was down to the fact that my parents didn't really like being married to each other all that much!! 10 homes in 31 years, not bad although I'm a definite stayputter now. Would only move again if we were able to buy land and build our own.
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

a friend of mine in the past 10 years has lived in the Shetland Islands, Nottingham, Lincolnshire, Hampshire, Chorley, and is now in Spain, she is married to an army man. I wont see her for another 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots
            a mililtary pay-packet kinda determines my answer
            Say no more.....
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

born in darwen
              6 months later moved to houghton
              preston when i was 4
              nr blackpool when i was 16
              preston at 18
              greece 3 houses 18-20
              sussex 20-21
              preston 6 houses 21-30
              wigan 31-33
              ashton 5 houses till now (been here 4 years)

would happily move again, but i quite like it here, and can't afford to and OH thinks if i move it should be to barrow, i think he should move here, so basically unless one of us wins the lottery, we're both staying put

if i do win though, i'm gonna get a house in the country where i can keep an elephant, and if he doesn't wanna move with me ..... tuff lol.

so 21 addresses ........ an average of once every 2 years ...... guess that means i'm a mover.
              Last edited by lynda66; 20-01-2009, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                born in darwen
                6 months later moved to houghton
                preston when i was 4
                nr blackpool when i was 16
                preston at 18
                greece 3 houses 18-20
                sussex 20-21
                preston 6 houses 21-30
                wigan 31-33
                ashton 5 houses till now (been here 4 years)

would happily move again, but i quite like it here, and can't afford to and OH thinks if i move it should be to barrow, i think he should move here, so basically unless one of us wins the lottery, we're both staying put

if i do win though, i'm gonna get a house in the country where i can keep an elephant, and if he doesn't wanna move with me ..... tuff lol.

so 21 addresses ........ an average of once every 2 years ...... guess that means i'm a mover.
                yer she keeps moving cos she keeps having bonfires at her house, I can see them from where I live!!!!LOL. thats a lot Lynda xx

Comment

Since i got married 13 years ago we (my family and I) have move 13 times!!

We have been in our brand new house for 12 months and now we feel ready to move again.

I think were movers!

Comment

yer she keeps moving cos she keeps having bonfires at her house, I can see them from where I live!!!!LOL. thats a lot Lynda xx
                    tis the only way i can get fire engines round the house to drool over

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                      tis the only way i can get fire engines round the house to drool over
                      i thought so, well when you next do, let me know and I will come drool too.......

Comment

I find it very therapeutic to move so often, its a good way to get rid of clutter.....

Comment

Kind of did a British hippy trail aged 17 to 20. Moved here and stayed put after I had the boys
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

i thought so, well when you next do, let me know and I will come drool too.......
                            you aren't gonna dribble on the shiny red things are you, can't have you making a mess ...... you can keep the firemen busy if you like, while i play with the engine

Comment

I'm happy with my lot and have worked hard to make my house a home. Am grateful that I have a small mortgage in a reasonable area. Really don't see the need to move, especially now I've got the nearby lotty so don't have the same longings for a larger garden. Like to visit other places but am always happy to come back to my home. Think I lived in one house until I was about 12, another one till I left home at 18 then moved about a bit as a student and when I started working between the ages of 18 and about 26 (about 5 rented properties) and then have been here since 1996. Can't imagine ever moving unless I won the lottery and was able to buy my own small holding without getting myself into serious debt.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I moved quite a bit as a student mainly because the accomadation in Birmingham was so dire you had to move due to the damp etc.. I have only lived in two houses since the first we lived in for seven years and the second we have been in for nearly 13, thinking about it i have had the same number of OH's as houses!! Plan to hang onto this one though even if i do move again!! I used to be a pepetual decorator rather than mover, but i have chilled out about the house now, it is a home not a show house and with two fellas, a dog, a full time job and always being outside there isn't the time to be pristine.
                                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X