No announcement yet.

Are you a serial mover or a stayputter?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved so many times I have lost count (about 30 including 3 times whilst abroad) until 5 years ago. Its a great feeling to stay in one place for a while.

Comment

Just put the house on the market yesterday! Have been here 5 years (having babies!)which is the longest I've ever been anywhere...we're bouncing off the walls now as we're so wanting to move!

Comment

In June of this year I will have lived in this house for 21 years. It has seen me go through a divorce remarry and have my daughter. I would love to move to a bigger house with a bigger garden. I have four bedrooms but three are really small, There is only three of us but I cant really have anyone to stay. We are considering maybe moving, the house needs a lot doing to it. Maybe if we did the work we would stay put.
        Over the years since I was born I have lived in 8 houses in 54 years. I must be a stayer !!!
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

At the last count, I'd moved house more than 20 times in 20 years.
          I think it goes with the territory when you are renting and poor: the places you can afford tend to be damp & horrible, with frightening neighbours (and landlords), so you move as soon as you can.

I really hope to be in Mr Shed's house for a good few years, so I can do up the garden. Even if I end up burying him under it
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 21-01-2009, 09:42 AM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'm definitely a stay-putter- which has made /is making this move over here so difficult.( but it certainly is a better 'quality' of life mentally here!)
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Not as bad as some, but I've moved far too many times for my liking. Due to one thing or another, I moved 4 times in one year during 2006-2007. Have been in current house for 2 years, almost. I only plan one more move and that's when I move in with OH, into his small holding. Amen to that!

Comment

Can't Can't Can't move again, been here for 4 1/2 years and here I plan to stay for a very long time.
                I've lived in....
                Bath (2 houses)
                Salisbury (2)
                Poole (1)
                Bournemouth (1)
                Salisbury again (2)
                N.Ireland (1)
                Tidworth (1)
                Aldershot (1)
                Nottinghamshire (1)
                Tidworth again (1)
                Melksham (1)

14 moves, 10 of those in 10 years, can't move any more I'm exhusted!!!
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Lived in 1 house all through my childhood. Whilst in Uni lots of flats - grotty, grotty, grotty. In 15 year of marriage have lived in Canada, Ireland and Scotland. Moving 1 final time back to Glasgow - outskirts, to be closer to friends, work, hospital BUT will only move to 2 bed bungalow with an even bigger garden than I already have

Comment

from birth to 28 one house, got married left home, 28 to now 59 one house
                    so i guess i,m a stayputter, unless i can move to the Isle of Man........
                    Work like you don't need the money...
                    Love like you,ve never been hurt...
                    and Dance Like you do when no-one is watching...

Comment

For all you multiple house movers!
                      YouTube - House Move Video
                      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

As a child, Ma & Pa got their way up the property ladder by buying a tatty house & doing it up, so as soon as the house was done, we moved - every 2/3 years til we moved to Yorkshire. After I left home (17) I lived in 9 differnet places til we moved here 10 years ago. This is the longest I've ever lived in the same place, and to be honest I've been desperate to move for a few years now. But there's no way we'd get this size or bigger house within our budget anywhere else, so looks like we're stuck.
                        So I've been a mover, now I'm a reluctant stay-putter.

Comment

Here's a song all about moving
                          YouTube - Free - I'm A Mover
                          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Flat (born here)
                            "Old Peoples Home" for about a year
                            Mum & Dads house for 21 years
                            Rented house with LadyWayne
                            1st Bought house
                            Current House
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Birth to age 20, lived at home with mam, dad and sisters.
                              Married and moved into newly built house.
                              44 years later and am still live gere and love it but would like a larger garden.
                              Guess i'm a stayer.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

A Stayputter! Been in this house since 1969. Like the house, like the area can't face a move!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X