No announcement yet.

i'm about to find out if i have a brain eek

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was only the nerve impulse thing i was looking at lol .... twas scary enough,

combined with his concern of my double vision increasing again ....... but at least i can see 12 chooks when i take my glasses off

Comment

no reaction by my foot at all when he ran a spikey thing up my left foot, and little when he ran it up my left

So you've definitely got two left feet then Lynda?
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I had an MRI on the neck/spine and head. One of the brassicas was in there but because it's a brassica I can't remember which. The tingling in arms and hands was caused by Spondulosis which I was informed was the equivalent of getting grey hair as you get older. I'm sure there'll be nowt to worry about Lynda, I just started taking Glucosamine and my joint problems ceased to be a problem!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Step away from Google Lynda!!Yep,lots of useful stuff on there,but also lots more stuff to get you more worried than you need to be!Big(((()))),Di,x
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Lynda, you are in the best of hands. As long as you don't have a cabbage/sprout brain. Have to say try and not Google anything. Did it for hubby - Googled chronic VP Shunt malfunction - got a list of symptoms (double checking his Hydrcaephalus card) and hubby had them. Wasn't Shunt malfunction, he had vit b12 deficiency - same symptoms. Keep us informed of any updates. Best of luck
            Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 15-01-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Poor you Lynda. The temptation to look for info on the interweb is sooo strong, but you know you'll find as much that terrifies you, as makes you feel any better. What ever they find is the problem, they can do wonderful things these doctors and get all them inside bits talking to each other properly again! When is MRI scan? Pointless saying don't worry, but at least you have the distraction of being here. Now, whether that's a good thing I don't know. You're SURE the numbness and twitching isn't caused by trying to get dozens of Grapes secret Santa-ing each other?
              I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots
                My twitching and night cramps are (they think) caused by a mineral inbalance, I am currently having to eat a banana every day (no worries there) and take quinine pills - so far I am having twitch-free nights - but it has only been a week.
                There's lots of quinine in tonic ya know, could add a couple of Gs to your T for good measure, night cramps cured!

Lynda try not to be worrying and googling to much, wait till the docs have all the facts. xxx
                Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

If they find a cauliflower I'll make you a jug of cheese sauce!

Hope they sort out something that's fixable though Lynda. I'm of the opinion that you can know too much!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                    I'm a bugger for searching out info on the web before having a proper medical opinion... Sometimes it's a good thing... and sometimes you convince yourself you have cancer & it turns out to be folliculitis
                    I'm sure your research has told you that the fibromyalgia itself has many of the same symptoms? So, deep breath, and don't panic

((((Hugs))))
                    This reminds me of when I was at Uni. I studied Biochemistry with Genetics, so we learnt the molecular biology of disease, plus many of the symptoms. We all developed into right paranoid students, I can tell you!!

Hope all is well on the brain front, Lynda. Cauliflower is very underrated, I reckon!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      no reaction by my foot at all when he ran a spikey thing up my left foot, and little when he ran it up my left

So you've definitely got two left feet then Lynda?
                      yup ..... see told you i might not actually have a brain

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots
                        My twitching and night cramps are (they think) caused by a mineral inbalance, I am currently having to eat a banana every day (no worries there) and take quinine pills - so far I am having twitch-free nights - but it has only been a week.

My headaches are being caused (they believe) by tension from referred pain - this is back to the back issue I guess.

Maybe you need rebalancing like me I blame my boobs - they are enough to make anyone lose balance

So, get ya NPK check out hun
                        i can't blame my boobs ....... aint got any lol ...... he's checking all the chemicals, liver kidneys, blood count, lipids glucose etc basically he just went down the forms and ticked all the boxes

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                          Step away from Google Lynda!!Yep,lots of useful stuff on there,but also lots more stuff to get you more worried than you need to be!Big(((()))),Di,x
                          it was only the excess nerve thing i looked at ....... honest, have already done the searching from when i was looking for the fibro stuff, so i know what the questions were leaning towards .... it was the doc got me more panicked, cos everything he asked was ermmmmm yup right down to the double vision for the last 10 years and falling over when he told me to shut my eyes ....... but at least i could hear him rubbing his fingers together ..... which proves i have ears
                          Last edited by lynda66; 15-01-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                            I had an MRI on the neck/spine and head. One of the brassicas was in there but because it's a brassica I can't remember which. The tingling in arms and hands was caused by Spondulosis which I was informed was the equivalent of getting grey hair as you get older. I'm sure there'll be nowt to worry about Lynda, I just started taking Glucosamine and my joint problems ceased to be a problem!
                            have been taking glucosamine and loads of other recommended stuff for the fibromyalgia, but really nothing has helped, and everything is much worse than 6 months ago.

Comment

Lynda dont panic!! Mum has fibromyalgia and the twitching can be part of that, also hyersensitive to touch, your hammer reactions, mum sometimes jumps when someone taps her or knock her by accident, headaches can also be a symptom in fact the only one that doesn't fit is the double vision. The secret is definitely getting good sleep, the deep sleep we need for our nervous system to rest, mum takes a small dose Amitriptynine, which helps her get that deep sleep, she is much improved on this, her twitching leg has all but stopped, she also eats banana before bed an it helps.
                              I know a lot of folks dont like Amitripynine but it may work and for mum the difference is huge although she still has her good and bad days.
                              Hope this gives you some help and stops you worrying as stressing doesn't help the symptoms either

Comment

i did try the amitryptiline, but the side effects were too much, doctor has given me some extra strength codeine, which is helping the pain in the night which is helping the sleep, managed a whole 5 hours again last night YAY ...... i developed the double vision when i was 30, and when 37 had an operation on my eyes, but it's back again ..... i always thought the headaches were because of the double vision, as they developed the same time, but nothing changed after the op...... they were just as bad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X