Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Two-Sheds anyway? I hope she is ok.

Comment

• Disney Paris (or was that for easter?) or lost in the upgrade....??

Comment

• Back at work so no time to post? Hope she's ok.

Comment

• Noooo!!!! I found the left-over chinese in the fridge...there was a lot and I've eaten it ALL for lunch. Feel slightly icky now...where's 2-sheds to tell me off!?
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• If that doesn't get her back here...nothing will.

I hope she's having a great time wherever she is.

ETA: Found her on Facebook...she's just busy. She'll be back to tell us off for eating bad stuff soon.
            Last edited by zazen999; 24-02-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• I stayed the same this week after missing a week's class the week before.
              Was quite surprised as I've been doing so much excersise. Leader says I may not be eating enough - so if I earn the points by exersising to eat some of them (normally I try not to eat them).

Will see what happens this week. I am hosting a dinner party tomorrow night so will probably overindulge (wine, icecream cake, garlic bread, kettle chips and dips to name a few naughties planned)

Have to do more digging - so still got 6 pounds to go to get to goal

Comment

• Ok.

It's been a strange couple of weeks for me, and the food hasn't always been planned but I'm back on here.

I tried a pair of jeans on that in December I couldn't get into and I'm sitting here in them now. This is more important to me than weights...getting into smaller clothes is what counts! WAHOO!!!

So:
                b - bowl of yesterday's soup
                l - home made spaghetti
                d - omelette and oven cooked fat free chips.
                Last edited by zazen999; 06-03-2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• i've lost 12lbs in 10 days ...... it's amazing what a mild dose of food poisoning can do for you!
                  i'm still suffering ...... could lose a few more pounds ...... and no, wasn't my cooking ..... came back from holiday, no food in so got a takeaway .....
                  http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

• I've been making SOME effort (not as much as I might, but some) since Christmas, and lost a grand total of.... 1 lb! It's enough to make you give up and binge!
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farmer_Gyles View Post
                      i've lost 12lbs in 10 days ...... it's amazing what a mild dose of food poisoning can do for you!
                      i'm still suffering ...... could lose a few more pounds ...... and no, wasn't my cooking ..... came back from holiday, no food in so got a takeaway .....
                      Excellent diet FG - do they deliver out my way?

Hope you're feeling better!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I loat 2 lbs this week after staying the same last week. Was delighted as this puts me at a 42lb loss and only 4 lbs to get to GOAL!

Comment

• YEAH...don't stop now I want a Farmer Giles take out to celebrate.

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            I tried a pair of jeans on that in December I couldn't get into and I'm sitting here in them now. This is more important to me than weights...getting into smaller clothes is what counts! WAHOO!!!
                            Same here - I absolutely refuse to buy new, bigger clothes, so I'm just going to have to diet back down into the ones I'm busting out of (and hopefully into the ones I've been holding onto, eventually!).

In the last month I've managed to keep my weight steady by mostly avoiding the really high-calorie stuff (a subsidised campus cafe full of cakes and pastries is an Evil Thing!), but I've been slipping lately so I reckon it's time to crack down and start losing some weight. I'm off work for a week, so well away from temptation, so...this morning I signed up for a 2-week trial of WW Online - obviously it'll cost me money to keep it up, but so will buying a new summer wardrobe

I think the key for me is portion control - I've asked my OH to let me serve myself when he cooks, so that I don't end up with a massive plateful that I feel obliged to eat. As Flummery said earlier in this thread, it can be tough getting over that early conditioning (depending on where you draw the line, I fall into either the end of the Baby Boom or the beginning of Generation X ).

Breakfast: Weetabix and three dried apricots
                            Lunch: 1/2 tin of soup + bread roll
                            Snack: A few salted almonds + mineral water (went to cinema - luckily we have a nice one that serves healthy snacks, not just junk!)
                            Dinner: Baked salmon, lots of stirfried veggies, small portion of rice and 1 glass red wine

Comment

• Eyren, make sure you have plenty of veg on the plate to fill up with. I do monthly pass with ww and go to a class as not got the willpower to do it at home, lol, and it is cheaper if you do the pass thing.

Take measurements too, as you may find you lose inches when you don't seem to be losing weight. I have a photo each month or so, same place, same clothes (more of less, the old ones gone to charity long ago!) and then OH morphs me to sho me how I've changed. It's brill and a real incentive! I also have 2 pics of people on the fridge with my head on to show me where I've come from and where I am going. Gets some funny comments!

Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                                Eyren, make sure you have plenty of veg on the plate to fill up with.
                                That's the easy bit

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                                I do monthly pass with ww and go to a class as not got the willpower to do it at home, lol, and it is cheaper if you do the pass thing.
                                I was thinking of doing something similar, at least to begin with until I decide which works best for me. There are three meetings a week in our village, so I have no excuse not to go! Online is more convenient, but I'm trying to spend more time away from the computer atm.

Take measurements too, as you may find you lose inches when you don't seem to be losing weight. I have a photo each month or so, same place, same clothes (more of less, the old ones gone to charity long ago!) and then OH morphs me to sho me how I've changed. It's brill and a real incentive! I also have 2 pics of people on the fridge with my head on to show me where I've come from and where I am going. Gets some funny comments!
                                Good tip! I think I'll notice the improve in the fit of my jeans initially, as most of my excess weight has gone on around my middle I need to lose this weight for health reasons as much as anything!

Good Luck!
                                Thanks! And congrats on your impressive weight loss so far! I need to lose about 2.5 stone to get back to a healthy weight, but I'm starting with 10% as my goal. I also need to build up my exercise level gently as I've really stiffened up in the last year or so; I have a pedometer, so I'm going to begin with the walking schedules from the WW website, and I will also sign up to beginner's yoga next time a block starts (we have various exercise classes running on campus, which I really should make more use of!).

Now I just need some strategies to keep me away from the cake-filled cafe when I'm back at work. I think fun-sized Maltezers are the way forward

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X