This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.

It is very wet here. It started raining yesterday afternoon (not forecast), before my towels were completely dry. We have thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon.

Typical Bank Holiday weather, I suppose.

Comment

• Just got rained off from weeding. Just as well as my back was starting to nag me

Oonie Snoop?…oh yes! Pick away!
      We have the woodfired one.
      We’re having pizza this evening cooked in ours- well, once it stops raining.

Oh yes- I’d forgotten it was a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK gf. Hope the weather picks up for you tomorrow.

It’s brill to hear you are attacking your garden/ veggie patch Snoop. Fingers crossed this is going to be a good year for you.

Anyone fancy a slice of pizza whilst I’m at it?….
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I think it'll have to be a gas-fired one unfortunately, Nicos. Too risky to have a wood-fired one, I reckon. Even if there are no sparks, if the smoke were ever spotted, I think we'd be in trouble. 12 or 16-inch? I can't seem myself ever making a 16-inch pizza, but it might feel a bit cramped, trying to get the pizza in. Any issues/potential problems you think I need to be aware of? Am hoping to do roast vegetables in it too.

Comment

• Evening

We've had rain, thunder and lots of sunshine in-between so a goodish day weatherwise after all. We've had a couple of low GH temps of 6c this past week I'm hoping we're over with them now.

Hope you get your slicer grater sorted Snoop its frustrating when things don't work how they should.

enjoy your evening.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            I think it'll have to be a gas-fired one unfortunately, Nicos. Too risky to have a wood-fired one, I reckon. Even if there are no sparks, if the smoke were ever spotted, I think we'd be in trouble. 12 or 16-inch? I can't seem myself ever making a 16-inch pizza, but it might feel a bit cramped, trying to get the pizza in. Any issues/potential problems you think I need to be aware of? Am hoping to do roast vegetables in it too.
            I’ll measure mine tomorrow!
            They cook really quickly so you need a decent peel to keep turning them as they cook.
            Dont overload the topping- it can slide off as you flick the dough off the peel.

Comment

• Morning

We have sunshine not for long so I've been in the garden seed sowing and checking for slug damage.

Enjoy your bank holiday

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy and cool so far today. No rain forecast. Got a few things to do indoors and then I'll be out weeding. It's perfect conditions for it. Yesterday was a bit too hot.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny with a hint of rain! Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

We never got any thunder or lightning yesterday, in fact the weather improved in the afternoon. Today we are back to thick black cloud, strong winds and drizzle.

I may not leave the house today. There's nowhere that I have to go and the weather is not encouraging me.

Comment

• Back again.

I know somebody asked me what the frozen all butter croissants from Aldi were like. We've just had one each. When I put them in the oven I thought that they were tiny.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240527_103609.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	2579605
                      However when I took them out 18 minutes later they had grown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240527_111115.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2579606

The verdict. I'm glad there's another six in the bag😋, although Mr GF did make an incredible mess.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                        Our internet has been down all morning and just come back on.

Dry but cloudy and a chilly breeze here- I will go and do a bit more weeding before setting up the bbq for a late lunch.
                        Our friend leaves this evening, and boy has he worked hard. So kind, but he’s been grinning the whole time - he just didn’t get to play with the shredder ..next time!

Comment

• Our internet has been rubbish this morning too. Sun activity?

Good looking croissants, GF. Definitely not rubbish. But I have to ask: did you manage to eat yours without making a mess? I thought that making a mess when eating a croissant was unavoidable.

Comment

Good looking croissants, GF. Definitely not rubbish. But I have to ask: did you manage to eat yours without making a mess? I thought that making a mess when eating a croissant was unavoidable.
                            I may have made a bit of a mess, but Mr GF was super-messy. I couldn't bear to waste that much. He has since asked where I got them, have we any more, do they always have them, etc. He has just had a mini sulk as he got a sandwich for lunch and not another croissant. Next time I may try the pain au chocolat for me. (He's not a chocolate fan)

Comment

Good looking croissants, GF. But I have to ask: did you manage to eat yours without making a mess? I thought that making a mess when eating a croissant was unavoidable.
                              Licking your fingers to pick up the crumbs is also part of the ritual !

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                                Back again.

I know somebody asked me what the frozen all butter croissants from Aldi were like. We've just had one each. When I put them in the oven I thought that they were tiny.

The verdict. I'm glad there's another six in the bag😋, although Mr GF did make an incredible mess.
                                Thanks for that GF I'll pick some up during the next Grory Hop.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X