X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Nicos
    Erm I'd like half a pound of your sunshine please ,
    perhaps a nice cheese selection
    I don't think it is raining yet but the forecast says it is due. So today? I don't know yet. May do the shopping.
    My oriental poppies have been flattened by yesterday's wind so need to stake those. I think the slimy munchers will be having a great time too
    Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos, CG and anyone else who is up and busy like those two Me? Waiting for Frankifurter. Still raining here. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh enjoy your visitor FF
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Rain due till lunchtime then dry after that its rather blustery though. Some potting on in the GH then erecting the bean frame later.

Nicos pick me up some fresh warm Croissants please.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's cold, windy and drizzling here. It feels like November.

Oh Nicos, I'm jealous.....a French market. I'm usually a firm believer that all holidays for me should not involve any cooking or cleaning, etc. However, after walking round the market in Marseilles once, and the quay, where the fishing boats were selling their catches, all I wanted was the use of a kitchen.

Bren, you have just reminded me about the frozen croissants in the freezer. Mmmmmm!

CG, maybe you should collect your snails and munch them??

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
              It's cold, windy and drizzling here. It feels like November.
              Bren, you have just reminded me about the frozen croissants in the freezer. Mmmmmm!
              GF I've not tried frozen croissants can you let us know your verdict please.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

GF I've not tried frozen croissants can you let us know your verdict please.
                Definitely.

Comment

• Morning all.

Sunny and no rain forecast here. Mr Snoop is out with the dogs and I'm at the coal face of the computer. Not that sorry, as no work for a month and more is a bit worrying.

As for the smiles, no idea when they left. Possibly gone off to the market with you, Nicos?

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• And I’m baaack!
                    I’ve not been to a market since probably before Xmas - and really enjoyed having a good look around- and people watching!
                    Blue clouds as we set off but it’s threatening rain now ….pity , cos I wanted to play with my new water pump!…yup - it has arrived! ( Be interesting to see if a second one arrives and our postage is returned as promised )
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

ewwwwwwww think I will give that a miss
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, rain here and forecast for the entire day.
                        Nicos, mussels and French bread sounds lovely! I like them cooked in garlic and white wine although I usually buy them
                        pre-cooked as don’t fancy doing it myself! I know, I know I shouldn’t eat anything I can’t k*** but….
                        Anyhoo enough of that, hope you all have a fab day. x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Returned from shopping. Always spend more when OH is with me, funny that.
                          Theres alot of flooding, rivers have completely burst their banks. Must've have had more rain there than here and whether it was a high tide too I'm not sure but that usually causes it.
                          Right am off to pick my poppies off the ground even though its still drizzling.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Jay, for some weird and whatever reason, I never associated steaming mussels, and them then opening, with killing them.😱🤯

However, I will have to live with this. I prefer them with red wine, onion and garlic myself.😋 I know that I was considered "not normal English" in Spain as I loved rabbit, mussels and snails. My Spanish was never fluent, but I used to be used by waiters in my favourite restaurants as a translator as I certainly knew my way around a menu. It always amazed my how unadventurous lots of my fellow countrymen were.

Comment

Apparently if you collect snails and feed them on vegetables for a minimum of three weeks they should be safe to eat, the "should be" bit is NOT a thing that I consider safe enough, the only snails I would eat are whelks as they are known here, wulks
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sorry GF!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X