This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH forgot ours this year - it was his friend who reminded him

GF - I’m a comfort eater unfortunately - which is made worse when I’m happy as OH’s main hobby after gardening and DIY is cooking
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We've never celebrated a wedding anniversary. I know we got married in early December as we came back off honeymoon, our first cruise, just before Christmas. I really don't know what year though🤔.

Comment

• I wonder what criticism a man would get it be posted that he had forgot his wedding anniversary
        Good afternoon folks, we were out earlier for free cake and coffee at the GC, then back home where I got some work done in the garden before it started to rain, it wasn't heavy so worked on till I realised my shirt was a bit wet, now inside for a coffee then I will get back outside again for a wee while, I want to make better and safer steps for accessing the bridge over to the plot in the field behind the garden, enjoy the day and keep safe and smiling
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Impossible for Mr Snoop (or me) to forget our wedding anniversary, as it was the day after his birthday. And I always remember that.

Comment

• Good night all.
            Nothing done outdoors today as it never stopped raining.
            My hubby reminds us of all the birthdays and anniversaries, he celebrates everything.
            He says life is too short not to celebrate.
            Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
              Raining here at the moment. Have had to resort to slug pellets as they were eating peas yesterday. So having sprinked around those they have gone for my dill and broad beans. Blighters.
              Popping out today so will be here n there, didn't do much yesterday as I think I had over done it recently and was shattered.
              Last edited by Containergardener; 14-05-2024, 06:44 AM.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Lovely sentiment on your husband's part, Bramble.

Grey out today but rain not looking likely. Much cooler, though, which is a relief.

Off out this morning to buy an external hard disk. My computer needs an urgent back-up. I daren't switch it off in case I can't switch it back on again. And all my other disks are too full. Long gone are the days of my first computer, with its 300 MB hard disk!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

We have rain here for the day, so I'll be potting on in the GH but that's it for gardening today. I'll catch up with card making and maybe some domestics later.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like we’re in for rain today . If so, I won’t be able to play with my water tub ‘fountain’.
                    The alternative is ironing…all 5 sets of bedding plus two new duvet covers I’ve put through the quick wash.
                    * falls over sideways in anticipation
                    My fault…I wilfully ignored doing it so as to ‘play’ outside in the sunshine.
                    I guess I’ll stick the tv on for company….
                    You’ll know where to find me…

Yesterday we had a friend over who is a dab hand with wood and he actually made a door for the henhouse!. It’s an old piggery so almost a standard sized door- but now with an electric automatic opener . Fantastic job using Douglas Fir planks, and the chooks
                    took to the opening like a duck to water…. What, with the treadle feeder too, we’ve gone all modern!

Have a great day peeps- the smiles popped in to check out the chook door and looked suitably impressed.

Comment

• Yikes Snoop - that’s a scary situation to be in!

Comment

• Good Morning All . Raining here too. Just when I was on a roll with the garden. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good excuse to charge your batteries FF before the next sunshine
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all.

What a change in the weather. I'd got used to warm, sunny mornings but today the forecast is right and we are back to heavy rain and a maximum of 17°C. I'm not tempted to put the sandals away though. I think I'll give my boots a good polish and put them away for the foreseeable future.

I'm taking my brother in law to the doctors this afternoon. I'll also try and make my husband an appointment for his ears syringing as it appears as if they are full of wax again ...... he is ignoring me completely when he hasn't got his hearing aids in.

I hope you get your new hard drive, Snoop. I remember the early hard drives too and tiny amounts of memory. Anything involving graphics took forever and the only external storage was floppy discs (1.44 Mb) which used to fail regularly.

Off to make more coffee now, I hope some of you have got better weather than me.
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 14-05-2024, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all and we have the sun here.
                              I am guessing the rain that passed over us yesterday is over the UK today.

Snoop, I was having the same problem with my tablet, iit kept warning me I was running out of space and might shut down.
                              I bought an SD card and my daughter installed and sorted it for me yesterday. So relieved not to be seeing this warning many more.
                              Off to my line dancing now and hopefully some gardening.
                              Happy ironing Nicos, I have been doing some this week as well.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• greenishfing I don't know about your docs but most don't do syringing now. Earclinics have set up doing it now instead. Mum had to go to specsavers ear clinic.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X