This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Great pic Jay, it was worth posting it twice.
    We got a very watered down version of the lights but it was lovely to see.

Birthday greetings to your daughter Nicos,

A bit of a mixed day here with lots of bits to do, and then to the garden.
    Enjoy the sunny weather all and have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
      Loving the weather . Missed the lights as didn't realise was a possibility . Great pics Jay, seen loads by friends online.
      Amount of times I'm up in the night I could well have seen them.
      Sat outside having a cuppa. Bedding drying on the line.
      Best get busy, lots I'd like to achieve.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning.

I would love to see the Northern lights. After seeing Jay's photo last night I got out of bed and looked out a few times .... just in case....but definitely more in hope than expectation as we live on the outskirts of a city, and are nowhere near as far north. Having said that I never saw them in Alaska either when I worked on the cruise liners decades ago....wrong time of year.

Mr GF got a letter to renew his driving licence this morning. We did it online on my phone. That was far quicker and easier than trying to find a black pen, and I got immediate confirmation that they had got the application. Although I do most of our day to day driving he is far better than me at rescuing the car from ice or mud, (when I have got it stuck).

We hit the dizzying heights of 23°C yesterday and after parking in the sun I even succumbed to the delights of the air conditioning in the car. In May!

Off to get more strawberries next.

Comment

• Afternoon - anyone fancy a choc-ice?

Just come inside to cool down- also don’t want to burn. Most of what I’ve been doing today was in the shade of a magnolia. So glad we didn’t move it when we first arrived- it was blocking the view but as it’s grown, we’ve removed the lower branches and it’s perfect!.
          Good midday/ afternoon shade.

I posted this link in Pen’s weather thread but thought it might also be seen on this thread…
          https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/a...inute-forecast

fingers crossed more of us get a glimpse of it tonight!
          Last edited by Nicos; 11-05-2024, 01:30 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon,

I’ve been in and out all day, back inside now for afternoon tea I don’t fancy much so ginger biscuits today.

I’ve planted my GH toms they’re getting leggy indoors, and seeing as the GH is full of ants I didn’t fancy taking the plants in and out.

Thanks for the link Nicos it looks like 10.30 is a good time to go outside.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Phew! I have got two speeds only now - slow and stop. My son in law moved the veg trugs for me this morning so I've been trying to organise the many containers on the little patio so I can put the bistro set on there, but have come to a full stop. Cup of tea time, hope it gives me some energy.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Cooler day ahead for us with cloud, perfect for gardening!

There are a couple of vide greniers but I don’t really fancy going at the moment! ( don’t tell OH though as I might change my mind )
                Lots of things to choose from today including Mrs Mopping and ironing…..I’m sure I can ignore those for a bit longer…

Did anyone get to see the lights last night- I did keep checking through the night but to no avail.

Enjoy your day peeps

Comment

• Good Morning All. Dull here and the forecast is for thunderstorms. I didn't catch the lights. Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

• Good morning.

It's grey and murky here at the moment and only 12°C. It is however forecast to reach 24°C later today, the cloud should be dissipating shortly. I was just remembering, as a child, going to Scarborough on a hot sunny days and as we got close seeing the murk hanging over the coast, the dreaded sea fret! I don't know if this is a Yorkshire expression as I haven't heard it for years.

I didn't sleep well, so like Nicos, I kept getting up and checking there was nothing spectacular to see in the sky. No, sadly there wasn't. In fact the last time I looked it was cloudy.

Enjoy the promised warmth, everyone.

Comment

• I remember the fret GF - it usually led to a sunny day.

Comment

• Morning all.

It's trying to rain. Wish it would succeed, mind. We had official figures last month before I went back to the UK. 8 cm of rain in the previous six months. And that after a dry summer and autumn. Rain was forecast while I was away, but Mr Snoop says next to nothing fell. Very odd to come back from a rain sodden Cumbria, where everything is green and there are birds and flowers everywhere, to here, where most things are brown and even the occasional oak looks to be struggling. The impact on insects and other wildlife doesn't bear thinking about. Forecast for the summer looks to be more of the same.

Sorry to be low. Got that out of the way now and won't mention it again.

Plenty of paid nonsense to keep me busy today. Followed by a bit of tidying, I think. I might have to tackle the pile of cookery books at long last. Been putting that off for ages. Wish me luck...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Moan away Snoop - it’s not really a moan but of great concern to us all indirectly.

Cookery books?…oh dear- you know you’re going to trawl through recipes and find some new ones you’ll just have to try out!…It’s a full day needing putting aside for that!!!

I just read there’s a chance of seeing the borialis again tonight - so one more potential chance, probably very much hampered by cloud cover. It’s really airless and muggy here- I’ll not be surprised if we have a bit of a thunderstorm later….
                          I’ll try and send some your way Snoop.

I went on a geology field trip to Robin Hoods Bay many moons ago and when we came out of the hotel on the first morning we couldn’t even see across the car park! Fret…aptly named for how our tutors must have felt at that time!

Anyone fancy a brew? I’ve got a couple of choc ices spare - for the first two who put their hands up….

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            We still have the sun here although I think our sunny spell is coming to an end.
                            I will be happy if it lasts for today.

Our whole family are meeting up for our annual celebration of all the April and May birthdays, so many of us being born in those two months.

Living on the coast we are often affected by sea Fog .

Snoop, I hope you get some decent rain soon.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Early morning mist here with a temp of 10c but now the suns out and the temperatures rising. We have rain due this afternoon till late evening but thats needed for the garden.

Snoop we all discus the weather so please don't stop posting how yours is doing.

I'll have another look tonight to see if i see the lights nothing yesterday.

Enjoy your Sunday.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Nice to see you back Snoop, hope everything went well while over here, evidently I didn't receive your email asking me to come down for a drink and no doubt a meal as well, however there's always the next time
                                Good afternoon, having a thunder storm at the moment, fortunately I had just came in the house before we had a clouds burst. Was at church this morning and after the service there was a cup of coffee with cakes which had been left over from a Christian aid coffee morning yesterday, once home a quick cup of tea then out the back where I decided to cut up some wood then move the old fridge freezer I use was a wormary into the area where the wood had been I also decided to plant out some sweet corn along with some dwarf French bean seeds and pumpkins, don't know how they will do but thought I would Give it a go, I also transplanted some leeks and sowed some Musslbrough leek seeds, now off to make the tea, have a pleasant evening and pass on some smiles
                                Last edited by rary; 12-05-2024, 04:06 PM.
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X