This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening
    Not a gardening day but did tie in some plants and deadhead a few things.
    I decided to get myself back ino exercise today so gym was done then made up a bread to bake tomorrow.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening, another busy day today, down to Kilmarnock with one of the grandsons, when I got back home as it was dry I decided to get some wood sawn so that I could stack it and allow it to dry as it will be used in the fire, had some lunch and then started to write a post, but got a call from grandson to let me know he would be finished quite soon, so got ready to go and get him and before I got into the car I got another message telling me he was finished for the day, so I needed to move, between roadworks, diversions and traffic, it took me a bit of time to get down for him, once back home was having a coffee when I got a message from another grandson asking if I could pick him up, he had been away canoeing as part of his DoE and as there is no bus service he tried to catch a train but was going to be over an hour before he got one, I had travelled about two miles on the way to pick him up when he phoned to tell me I wasn't needed as his father was going to collect him, some day I will get time to myself once back home I have spent recreate of the day in the garden so now feel knackered I think it will be an early bed for me tonight, I wish you all a good evening and I'm passing on some smiles to you
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary's taxi service is doing a good trade over the banks holiday I see

Morning
        Not a bad morning but I have just checked the forecast and its heavy rain all day from 11. Hummpppfff.
        Work , exercise, a bread to bake and housework it is then.
        Enjoy your sun whoever has it
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Well, if you're on the road, Rary, at least you're not up a ladder.

Absolutely a ton of stuff to do today so better get moving. Catch you later.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Rain here for the day as well CG, like you say there's always something else to to indoors.

Rary we have areas around here that only have 3 busses a day, unless you have a car you're more or less stuck.

Waves at Snoop.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Well, the sun’s not here CG…very fine drizzle and breezy. Perfect greenhouse pottering weather…if only I had one!

Our visitor has left so I need to catch up on some domestics - then more weeding. I’m avoiding the worst areas but I think I need to take the bull by its horns at some point soon. At least the areas I’ve done look brill.

Gosh Rary - you are a kind sole x
              All of our remaining ‘last year’s’ wood is now stacked at home. Cut to length and several trays of starter wood split and ready for the autumn.
              Feels good to be one step ahead for a change!
              We have 10 cubic metres of wood arriving next month to stack and dry in full sun at our woodyard. We’ll need a few replacement pallets to stack them on so plenty of time to get that sorted. Happy days.

Enjoy your day - even if it’s raining…

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Not raining yet, but ominous sky. Himself at the GP this morning for yearly bloods and I'm off for a trim this afternoon. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

I had a bloody awful night's sleep, I even ran out of sudokus to do. I couldn't even threaten myself with the dreaded ironing as I'd done it all. Usually the threat of: "If you're still awake in 10 minutes, you might as well get up and do the ironing", is enough to send me to sleep, at least temporarily.

I'm taking my brother in law to the doctor's this afternoon for more blood tests. I must remember to ask him if he'd like a bag of the frozen croissants next time I do a grory hop. I'm sure his air fryer would cook them.

The forecast is for rain all day, starting around now. At the .moment we've got wind and cloud.

Comment

• Good evening,a wet miserable day here today, dropped grandson off at Kilmarnock then took OH shopping we intended vigour friend but she phoned to say she was not feeling well so was going to stay in bed, so OH decided she should get a bigger shopping done, in the grand scheme of things this wasn't too bad as we were getting heavy rain, though it was dry in the greenhouse where I spent a bit of time though not that long as I had to head back down to Kilmarnock, once back home I prepared the tea as we now had another two grandsons in from school and needing fed, as one of them is in a youth group which meets on a Tuesday night he dissent have enough time for his tea if he waits till his mum and dad are home, now need to go and get these two home have a good evening and stay happy
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                      Morning all.

Well, if you're on the road, Rary, at least you're not up a ladder..
                      How do I get the feeling you know I was up a ladder yesterday Snoop, when we had torrential rain on Sunday the rain water was actually overflowing from the gutter,I checked the gutter yesterday and found that there was a blockage caused by moss around a downpipe guard, so cleaned that out and of course the looks I got from OH could have made me fall off the ladder, if I was of a nervous disposition it's funny how when I first started going out with OH I thought her looks were so beautiful, nowadays the looks I get from her would curl your hair

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Flo.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                          it's funny how when I first started going out with OH I thought her looks were so beautiful, nowadays the looks I get from her would curl your hair
                          It's only because she doesn't want your cool, suave good looks to be ruined by a black eye or broken limb from a fall, Rary.

Comment

• Morning all.

Early to bed, early to rise seems to have worked. And a good night's sleep in between, which often isn't the case when I go to bed early. Breakfast today is a handful of absolutely perfect cherries.

Off out on a grory shop this morning with Mr Snoop. It's pointless making a shopping list. It would just read 'everything'.

Out of interest, what are your night-time temperatures? We're still about 8 ºC up by the house, a degree or so lower where the toms will be this weekend once they've got used to not being in a nice sheltered greenhouse in a warmer part of the world.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning Snoop
                              Not sure re last night but we lit the woodburner. They fluctuate, tonight rain and due about 10deg then later in the week due about 5deg.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Overnight GH lows have been between 6c and 11c this past week, when its as low as 6c I cover the cucumbers with fleece ones already tried to die on me.
                                Grory hop at some point today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X