This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

We've had early morning rain hopefully we'll have some more we could really do with it. Some shopping here as well Rary just for a few things so I'll have a browse in the charity shops while I'm out.

enjoy your day
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Congratulations Janie
      Raining here too. Have a good day
      Last edited by Florence Fennel; 27-06-2023, 09:28 AM.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• It's drizzling here. I'm going to go shopping this morning as the fridge is looking decidedly bare.
        It was one of my sister's birthdays yesterday and I've ordered her some cheese online to be delivered today. (She went to the coast yesterday). It hasn't arrived yet but I do keep tracking it. I think it may be filling the van with an interesting aroma as it's all smelly blue cheese.

This afternoon I'm taking my brother-in-law for his latest covid booster.

Comment

• Nearly forgot. Great news Janie. Hope all goes well for you.

Comment

• Morning all, just finished crawling under the kitchen cupboards giving the floor boards their third and final coat, underneath the floor is also done, so next it's sanding the walls and ceiling before applying the paint, large parts of the walls are either covered with tiles or cupboards, so not a lot to do, just fiddly.
            We've had some rain so the garden is looking good, that's one less job today.

Comment

• Good morning all, it's very dull but no sign of any rain.
              I will work in the garden this morning while it's cool.
              Got the laundry dry yesterday but I wont do any ironing until it rains and I'm confined indoors.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

I didn’t get around to browsing the charity shops we’ve been walking instead deciding to just go and ignore the changing weather forecasts.

Comment

• Been to the hairdressers, couldn't find my umbrella before I went, so I was glad the rain held off. Found my umbrella when I got back, it was in the shoulder bag I took to the hairdressers!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Your hair looks nice Flo

Comment

• Late evening all.
                      Spent a lot of time in the garden and greenhouse.
                      I think I have caught up after being away.

Flo, wish I could have had my hair done today, it's a disgrace.
                      App is not until next week, thinking a paper bag over my head might solve the problem .
                      Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Rained almost all day, not heavy, but steady, just what we needed.

Comment

• Morning all.

Wish we'd had your rain, burnie, could you shoo some of the clouds my way next time. Nice hair, Florence Fennel. And a paper bag seems a bit extreme, bramble. I can't imagine you looking anything other than perfectly lovely.

Our young visitor is due to leave today. He and Mr Snoop have made great progress these last few days given the ridiculous temperatures.

Me, I've got an online interview today to confirm I am who I say I am. Fingers crossed it goes OK, as our internet connection has been very dodgy recently.

Better shake a leg and give Mr Snoop a hand.

Have a great day, everyone.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-06-2023, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

No rain here either - due tomorrow. We too need it- the lawn is getting pretty brown in patches.

Nothing wrong with ‘holiday hair’ bramble - that’s what mine looks like all the time!
                            Flo- your umbrella story made me giggle - my OH is often like that with his phone - can’t find it anywhere only to realise it’s already in his back pocket- but not the usual one!
                            I got all my ironing done yesterday and today will be a grory hop day seeing as we didn’t get to Lidl the other day. There’s a large charity shop nearby so,I’ll drop off a few things for them.
                            Then I’m hoping to get some more weeding done . I’m pretty sure I spotted the smiles earlier- one of them did a double-take at my driveway, so I guess that’s where I better make a start!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

Well actually it's grey and dull here at the moment. I'm just getting myself in the mood for waging war on the, in my view, useless royal mail. I had ordered some cheese to be delivered to my sister's. It should have arrived yesterday, 24 hour delivery, but didn't!! I hope, but doubt, that their customer service is better than their delivery.

I was going to send a parcel to my great nephew for his birthday but I've changed my mind now. I'll take it to my other sister's (his granny) house later today as she will be visiting him on his birthday. At least I'll know that it will get there. Also I've just realised it will actually cost less to drive to my sister's than the postage would!

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                                Flo, wish I could have had my hair done today, it's a disgrace.
                                App is not until next week, thinking a paper bag over my head might solve the problem .
                                Have a good night all.
                                Feel free to use my plant pot Bramble

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X