This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another busy day. Too busy for that big grory hop so it’s a visit to the local corner shop instead, which just happens to sell the best croissants in the area!
    Any orders for some whilst I’m there?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

I am really missing growing my own this year. Still no allotment and I am now not working(was bullied out of a job and then they gave my new job a bad reference so they withdrew the job so now jobless)
      Could really do with just sitting in my allotment/garden just enjoying the peace and quiet.
      I just have to keep my hopes up.

Hope everyone is well.
      Carrie

Comment

• Morning all.

Sorry to hear about your situation, cariann88. You're right about gardening and growing - nothing quite like it for soothing the angst.

Very cloudy and windy here. Yesterday's thunderstorm arrived, all flash and bang and no rain. No rain forecast today either. The smiles got whipped up by the wind earlier, so won't be long before they're up and over your places.

Got lots to do today. Mr Snoop is running lots of errands in the village today, so I'm holding the fort with the dogs and Frankie, who has still not worked out how to get on and off the bed with the mozzie net in place. He's not the brightest creature in the house, evidently. All our other cats got it sorted in next to no time. No idea where the snake is. Could have gone out in the night, or could just be lurking somewhere. Still keeping my feet off the ground!

Right, mucho, mucho work to do today, so better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Hair cut for me this morning it seems to have grown fast this time between cuts.

Not a good time just now for you Carrie xx hope things improve.

Things to do so I'd best get on. enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Yeh, I do but I never really liked the contents . Have you been to the sweetie shop in Elsecar?So many sweeties from our youth.
            Must be some very old sweeties on display😁😁
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good. Morning a rainy start here and the forecast is for the same all day, we have two grandsons staying the past couple of nights as the schools are now on holiday, with them staying overnight it saves me getting up early to go up and watch them, as one is coming up on 15, their dad says I could leave them till I normally get up then go and see they are OK, but I don't agree with that, I think it's important that children know there's someone there, anyway now need to think on what they can do today🤔, there's paths outside that need scrubbing and as it's raining there is no need to use a hose😉or they could use a brush and shovel to clean the carpets inside which would save on electricity when you think on it having children about you could save a fortune😊😊but realistically they cost a fortune as they would eat you out of house and home, so the longer they stay in bed the better chance I have of having something to eat at the end of the day. Enjoy your day whatever the weather and enjoy your little treasures when they come to visit
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh dear Carrie - that’s not good ​​​​​​. Thank goodness you are a motivated person- you’ll find something, maybe not the ideal job for now but perhaps something similar which will possibly give you more strings to your bow?

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Dull and grey with a chance of showers here.

Rary, agree with you, the little treasures would eat you out of house and home, but we wouldnt have it any other way,

Carrie, sorry to hear you've hit a bad patch, I'm sure something will come along soon.

Nicos, yes to the croissants. We had them every day when we were on our holidays,

Lots of odd jobs to keep me going today.
                    Have a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

Rary, don't forget to get them to clean your chimneys too, before they get too big. I was just thinking how times and attitudes to children have changed over the years. Looking back we had a lot more responsibility and freedom at a much younger age.

The sky has got it's grey overcoat on again and it is blowing a hoodie. I might even need a jumper for the first time in weeks.

If I remember rightly, Nicos, there's a butchers that makes wonderful pork pies in the Elsecar area. We used to go to a monthly auction across the road from the heritage centre where they sold them on auction days.

Comment

• Hello everyone, hope you are all well. Just wanted to pop in and say hi, I’m still hanging on in there and trying to enjoy as much as we can when we can. Have a visit from our daughter and granddaughter next week so looking forward to that.
                        Off to have a quick catch up, maybe see you later. Enjoy your day!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good to see burnie back!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• And very good to see you, Jay22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              And very good to see you, Jay22.
                              Snap!
                              My granddaughter is coming over for the first time next month Jay. I’m having to resist buying all sorts of things for her I’m so excited!…she’s turning into a right little chatterbox…how is your lass?

Comment

• Lovely to hear from you Jay
                                How exciting for you and Nicos, granddaughters are a delight. My Golden Girls are adults now but are just as delightful as when they were toddlers
                                Your hair looks nice Bren
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X