Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to say that we’ve lit the wood stove now for the past couple of nights. Just a couple of logs each time but they made an amazing difference
    I think it’s time to bleed our central heating radiators and check out that’s working ok too.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Rary…I missed the part where you said you’ve bought a new car!…good on you Enjoy!

Comment

• Good afternoon, up early today as OH wanted to do a shopping, so had to get up the back of eight, evedently from reading previous posts from you older Grapes, as I get older I no doubt will need less sleep but at present I seem to require a full six hours sleep, any way got the shopping done and then I let OH buy me a coffee at a GC. while there I thought I would treat myself to a ceanothus, hopefully I haven't wasted my money buying it, it cost me £1.10p when OH saw how much it cost, she recons I am the last of the big spenders however with time I will get over such rash spending. Just back in from taking the dogs a walk and while out I collected some brambles, I will have to tell OH 5hat they are so sweet to eat so that she might offer to buy them off me Enjoy the rest of the day and if you get the opportunity pass on a smile
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
          A lovely sunny afternoon spent cutting down some of my tomatoes.
          I cant believe how quickly the summer went by.
          I am still deadheading the dahlias and there are lots of bees on them.
          Not a lot else happening at the moment.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

Not much happening here either Bramble apart from a bit of gardening and catching up on house stuff. I’ve been working my way through our apples, dehydrating, cooking and juicing them still lots more left on the trees so a jam session will be next.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

I reckon I'll be out cutting down tom and pepper plants too, Bren. Low of 4 ºC down where the plants are. Shame about the red pepper plants. They've been busting a gut to be productive (absolutely covered in small peppers and flowers all summer and even now), just done for by the heat, wind and pests.

It's very chilly in the house this morning after leaving all the doors open all night. My sourdough starter and preferment are doing next to nothing. Might go and stick the preferment in the car when the sun comes up properly. Always gets nice and warm in there. Just better not forget it... Due to reach the top twenties today. Rain forecast in a few days. Fingers crossed. Our well has done brilliantly this year, given the near drought conditions we've had.

Got a lot done yesterday, but still more to finish off today. Plus somehow try and get my car to the mechanic with Mr Snoop this afternoon. The clutch has gone. It is an ancient car, though, and has cost us next to nothing in repairs, so I can't complain. Trying not to ponder on the possibility of a new one. Rary, might you fancy a swap?

The smiles set off early. It is actually a nice autumnal morning despite the chill. So they should be in a proper good mood when they reach you.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sorry to hear about your car Snoop.It’s frustrating to have to repair something to then sell it if that’s your intention?
                My 22year oldcar was still on its first clutch and gearbox when I sold it. Bound to have needed one replacing sooner than later, but that’s not my problem anymore!

4C?…..thats cold. We had a balmy 7C last night.
                And frustrating about the peppers…could you dig any up and pot them on somewhere to overwinter them…then they’ll really have a head start next year. Some varieties do better than others with that but you’ll need to research/ asking here.

Domestics for me today- lots of tidying up of the main house which has quite frankly become a dumping ground. I should be ashamed of myself It’ll feel good though once everything is stored away properly.

Tomorrow is market day- I may go and look at some of the outdoor plants for sale for some of my tubs the contents of which died due to lack of watering. Has anyone else started preparing their winter tubs?
                Last edited by Nicos; 21-09-2022, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's Mr GF's birthday in a couple of weeks. 3 years ago I took him to Blackpool to see the illuminations and stay in a hotel overnight as a surprise. The hotel was fantastic. We went bed and breakfast and the breakfast was wonderful too, sitting in the dining room window watching the sea and eating every breakfast food imaginable. When we got there his first comment was "Why somewhere so posh?" However he soon settled down in the Art Deco comfort and really enjoyed it.
                  This morning I decided that maybe we should go again for his birthday. Dinner, bed and breakfast this time though. I've just been on a few travel websites and it is a very similar price to last time and still getting great reviews. I'll leave it until nearer the time to make sure he is feeling reasonably healthy but I think it will do us good.😊

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A lovely sunny morning here so the laundry dry is out drying.
                    A visit to the audiologist this afternoon, my hearing seems to be deteriorating.

Nicos, I took all my stored containers ers of daffodils from under the balcony and topped them up with new soil.
                    I have also started bringing my geraniums into the greenhouse while they are relatively dry.
                    I havnt done anything yet about planting winter tubs and window boxes but I am working towards it.

I have some apples that need to be stewed down and will put them in the freezer for later.

Snoop, ad Nicos said, if you have any way of bringing some of your peppers under cover you will have an early start for next year.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What a lovely surprise for your OH gf.

It’s myOH birthday around the same time!…he says he fancies a night out in the camper van by the coast - near a wonderful seafood restaurant we last went to before lockdown.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Not my intention to sell the car, Nicos. Short-wheel-based Vitara. I love, love, love it. Just my kind of car. Perfect for here. Just don't want the mechanic to say the clutch is worth more than the car. Did I say it's old? Not quite as old as Rary, maybe, but still...

And thanks for the sympathy over the peppers. Nowhere to keep them over winter, unfortunately. Need to make better arrangements for them next year. Some kind of screening against the worst of the heat. I also think the seeper irrigation might help. Anyway, there's always next year.

Comment

• ^^^^^^ did you miss out an s after my name in that post Snoop🤔
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I would have had to have missed out an apostrophe s to make your point, Rary. To make one mistake would be a misfortune, to make two would look like carelessness.

I'm ducking and covering and now running...

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a nice day today, but rain started about seven o'clock, and, quite heavy just now not that it matters that much as its to dark to sit and look at my new car, picked it up today, now need to get used to it, but do like the big boot that it has, plenty of room for bags of seaweed and manure, though will have to get stuff like that moved without OH knowing about it, she seems to think cars shouldn't be used for such stuff, me, I think cars are there to be used, after all we don't have a bus service that I could use instead ​​​​​​, now sitting doing a jigsaw, going great guns with it, I can see me getting it finished by next summer, what is it with folk wanting to go for a holiday, OH is talking about heading for the lake district in the next couple of weeks, I can see me having to pass round the hat shortly, so please give generously, need to go now and watch Doc Martin, I can fast forward at the adverts and still catch t​​​​​​he news hope you all have a good day tomorrow and all remember to pass on a smile. Goodnight

Comment

• Snoop what's an apostrophe between friends, I will just assume you were a bit careless and forgive you
                                Last edited by rary; 21-09-2022, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X