Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all,sun trying,just not hard enough,is good to have had some rain,i am gradually moving things from the polly,so i can get ready to plant,i have melons,cues,and a tromba for inside,the toms are realy behind,and as for peppers and chillis,they might be a none go,as they seem very slow,at least i got somethings to plant,son has tom plants to spare ,the butternuts are like snails as well,that is,the few that have germinated ,got a new pk,set em to chit between a damp cloth,and only 2 out of aprox 15 chitted,son has had same results,he particular loves his butternuts,they get preped and frozen,i have to go outside if only to,collect the eggs,and inspect the growing plants,see if i can find MR motivator's hiding place ,have a good day all
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lottie, when you've found Mr Motivater and finished with him can you let me borrow him please.

Today's care home visit was better than the last couple. She was more chatty, even if in a different time and space, and kept asking me about "my baby" again and then throwing off her quilt and pulling up her nightie.

It is still raining here. The physiotherapist is supposedly ringing my husband up this afternoon to assess his needs........... I can't see any improvement in the weather today and we're still expecting thunderstorms later.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Made a trip to the recycling place today with 3 sacks of garden weeds (dandelion, ragwort, couch grass, and other roots unwelcome in the dalek), plus hedge clippings too woody to rot down, and some scrap wood.

On the way home stopped at the GC for some FYM to dig in where my cucurbits are going to be planted, and treated myself to a mahonia "Soft Caress" . I very rarely buy plants, preferring to grow from seed or cuttings. I plan to sit it in front of the black water butt, which is in the corner next to the patio window, as it is happy in complete shade and will do well in a tub. I have a dryopteris offshoot and some pulmonaria I can put in with it, and maybe I'll dig up a few snowdrops to put in for early spring interest.

I considered buying a bag of pretty pebbles for the top of the tub, but then I thought - idiot - you spend a lot of time picking the stones OUT of the veg bed and the garden, now you want to buy more? So I'll gather what stones I have and see if they are pretty enough to use.

Also bought a little sage plant as my ancient (40 years+) bush died this winter. I thought it would live for ever so never made the opportunity to take cuttings from it.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

What a stupidly busy day most of it involved driving here there and everywhere returning/ exchanging diy stuff- looking for replacement things for the gites, very frustrating as I only managed to sort out half the stuff locally.
          Had brunch at 2.30 …and then put together a bbq.
          I think I could do with a visit from Mr Motivator too….loads to do but feeling very ‘meh’ - probably because I’ve been overdoing things on very little sleep. Funny how dashing around doing pleasurable things is so much more stimulating.
          Te he…..I think I need a few jabs from a cattle prodder

Best get that washing machine going again….

Upside is that the weather has behaved today and apart from a loss of a few petals and I can’t see much damage in the garden/ potagers after yesterday’s storms. I read a lot of people not far away suffered really bad damage due to hailstones
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sorry people, but I just had to double check.

The Jaffa Cake eating record went up to 88 in 3 minutes a couple of months ago. A bit more of a challenge than the previous record of 36...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...ecord-23258510
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• 88? Hmmmm- now THATS done serious munching

oh dear- I found the video!
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbiCuAYr2yM

​​​​​​​

Comment

• I think I'll start practising now.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                  Sorry people, but I just had to double check.

The Jaffa Cake eating record went up to 88 in 3 minutes a couple of months ago. A bit more of a challenge than the previous record of 36...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...ecord-23258510
                  Phew. Eighty-eight are definitely beyond me, so not worth trying. Saved from jaffa cake overload. Thanks, Martin.

Really, really, really busy today. The smiles could see I was in a bit of a flap earlier, so they took the hint and scarpered. Hope you get to enjoy them all.

It's a lovely cool morning here but we're due a really unseasonable hot spell for the next few days. My lettuce sown in modules flaked out and died yesterday even though I'd only watered them a couple of hours earlier. Need to keep more of an eye on them and sow them in bigger modules next time. Lesson learned, though I was a bit cross with myself for not thinking about it.

Mr Snoop's first words this morning were 'What are my jobs for you today?' Two: washing-up and ponder the solar pump. My gardening jobs: plant out a few items and maybe, but only just maybe, a bit of strimming later. Back on the weeding tomorrow, but at the absolute crack of dawn to make the most of the cooler weather.

Anyway, all good on the southern front. Will try and catch you all later. Have a great day.

Comment

• Good morning. It's already 15°C and sunny here, supposedly going up to 22°C later today. I really ought to go and do the grory hop, but I'm putting it off until another day......it's just too nice.

I had a really good night's sleep and am raring to go. I'm hoping to get lots done at the allotment. I think Mr Motivater must have sneaked in during the night and spread a bit of get up and go around. I hope he calls to see everyone else who needs him.

The physio rang yesterday and has since emailed me some excersizes for Mr GF and is enrolling him in their next lot of classes.

Catch you all later.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
                      Looks like another hot day here too - but nothing on your lines Snoop as far as I can tell.

I’ll do a bit more drive weeding this morning whilst it’s cooler , then indoor jobs later as it heats up.
                      Yesterday afternoon I finally found Mr Motivator- so I’ve sent him on with the smiles.
                      They are convinced he’s the Jaffa Cake champ as he’s clearly put on weight - their smiles were looking a tad grimaced as they took off with him - no doubt they’ll have found a lovely warm current of air to help them on their way.

MH - that plant looks lovely- nice impulse purchase.
                      I have small shards of slate in one of my flowerbeds and gravel path (which work their way yo the surface) - from when the previous owner retiled the roof. I tend to keep the larger ones for the same reason as you, although they can cut like a knife if you’re not careful
                      Speaking of things working their way to the surface- on our previous allotment we used to get tree trunks and large branches coming up through the surface.
                      The thin layer of topsoil soil was on top of a peat bog and every so often we’d have offerings showing up from the bog underneath.
                      Our plot wasn’t very far from where Lindow Pete - the bog man - was found. Literally a few hundred metres away.
                      Goodness knows how long ago the tree trunks were caught up in the bog but they were like rock solid. Too big to move and cut up. We soon learned to plant around them.
                      Well…I thought I’d share that with you as an interesting fact for the day

Right….best crack on with pulling weeds- even the smaller dandelions are coming up with intact root systems at the moment!

Enjoy your day peeps.

Comment

• We cross posted there gf….glad the smiles dropped off Mr M

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          A cooler morning at just q4 degs and cloudy as well.
                          Going to my line dancing shortly so perhaps the sun will be out by this afternoon.

Interesting facts Nicos and no information is wasted.-

Martin, I think you've taken the wind out of everyones sails with the new jaffa cake record.

Have a productive day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• ^^^^I did learn from that video though that they can be eaten two at a time!

Comment

• Evening

Its been another sunny day here up until 30mins ago when the rain and wind started.

Nicos i've been reading about Lindow Pete a fascinating story that I'd forgotten about.

Enjoy your evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all,been warm today,had me stitches out,nurse said 1 was a bit left in,she had a few goes but no luck and made it bleed ,said body should reject it,any bother come back,as for the jafa challenge forget it,took a drive to the fields for a change of scenary,took a sandwich for a munch,had a nice chat,and a coffee with son,,got back just before the rain,did not find that motivator,or Mr will Power,hoping they show tomorrow,I now have 6 more seeds chitted,so want potting up,also still got flower's left from hanging baskets buying plants,i have some of them half planters for the wall,son going to drill me some holes and a screw,then I can hang them up,two. of my neighbours have commented on how nice the side area is looking,and the front,might see if willkies have more,I have the room,my garden is surrounded by aprox6ft high breeze block,so no maintaining fence panels,have a good evening and sleep well
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 17-05-2022, 08:49 PM.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X